Windows 10: iCloud photos

Discus and support iCloud photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Giorgio393, Jan 4, 2021.

1. iCloud photos

Hello everyone,

I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very annoying. can somebody help with this?

Thank you

:)

Giorgio393, Jan 4, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! iCloud photos :)

justinmreina, Jan 4, 2021
  4. iCloud photos

How do I get "Photo Options" to pop up once I open icloud for windows 10?

Hi Don,

There are several options that you can do to troubleshoot your iCloud
    issue. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Uninstall and reinstall iCloud.
    • Make sure that your iCloud app is enabled to both your iOS devices and to your Windows 10 PC.
    • Open iCloud to check if the Photo Options window will pop-up.
    • If not, create a new user profile named Test and open iCloud
      from there.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

iCloud photos

1. iCloud photos - Similar Threads - iCloud photos

2. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: The following thread is locked without having been resolved, and I see the same issue posted on multiple sites, including Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, and others...
  3. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: The following thread is locked without having been resolved, and I see the same issue posted on multiple sites, including Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, and others...
  4. icloud Windows 11 - Cannot delete photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icloud Windows 11 - Cannot delete photos?: Hello All,What's up with Windows 11? I just recently did a clean install of Windows 11 from Windows 10-Home. No error at installation process.I have used the iCloud app for Windows for several years previous versions of Windows and have never had a problem in deleting photos...
  5. icloud Windows 11 - Cannot delete photos?

icloud Windows 11 - Cannot delete photos?: Hello All,What's up with Windows 11? I just recently did a clean install of Windows 11 from Windows 10-Home. No error at installation process.I have used the iCloud app for Windows for several years previous versions of Windows and have never had a problem in deleting photos...
  6. iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad: I have searched threads titles about sync bit found no answers about one way sync.If I create iPad Shared Albums these albums and images sync to windows 10 all inside the iCloud Photos / Sharing folder. Sync also works if I edit an image on iPadNo folder or folder content in...
  7. iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad

iCloud Photos syncing iPad > Windows 10, but Not syncing Windows > iPad: I have searched threads titles about sync bit found no answers about one way sync.If I create iPad Shared Albums these albums and images sync to windows 10 all inside the iCloud Photos / Sharing folder. Sync also works if I edit an image on iPadNo folder or folder content in...
  8. Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud: I am getting a new iPhone so I wanted to enable iCloud Photos. It removed Finder photos already syncd via iTunes and reside on file system. Then it successfully transferred my Recent Photos, Videos, Favorites, Live, Panorama etc... I checked on my phone and iCloud.com and all...
  9. Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud

Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud: I am getting a new iPhone so I wanted to enable iCloud Photos. It removed Finder photos already syncd via iTunes and reside on file system. Then it successfully transferred my Recent Photos, Videos, Favorites, Live, Panorama etc... I checked on my phone and iCloud.com and all...
  10. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.: I'm no techy person at all so any answers must be idiot proof; whenever I search for problems online the replies normally stump me at the first stage! 2 Questions - Firstly photos taken on iphone stopped appearing on my desktop automatically, but with some very random button...