Windows 10: iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV

Discus and support iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I just switched to Windows 10. I am using an iPhone. I set up iCloud for windows. The syncing is working very smoothly. I do have an issue. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JonnyVermont, Sep 26, 2017.

1. iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV

Hi. I just switched to Windows 10. I am using an iPhone. I set up iCloud for windows. The syncing is working very smoothly. I do have an issue. The iphone takes something called Live Photos. When the sync is done to my windows machine, I get both a JPEG and a MOV which contains the twp seconds of video (the live photo). I only want the JPEG. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.15063 Build 15063OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer HPSystem Model HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XXSystem Type x64-based PCProcessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F.20, 6/28/2017

:)

JonnyVermont, Sep 26, 2017

2. Recover deleted files copied to recycle bin

Normally I delete files the standard way, select, right click, select delete. This time I copied several image files and one MOV file and pasted them into the Recycle Bin. I got a message "Permanently delete these files" (or something close). I chose yes.
    I did not want to delete the MOV file. I looked in the recycle bin (opened it), but no jpeg files were there and the one MOV file I wanted was not there. Those 12 jpegs and the MOV file disappeared, were permanently deleted just like the message said they
    would be. Yes?

I tried Recurva but it does not work, no jpegs or MOV files were found on my C: drive.

This is not a crisis by any means, I just want to understand what happened. Why does the recycle bin work normally with "delete" but pasting files into the recycle bin deletes them "forever?"

Thanks so much.

Nantucketbob, Sep 26, 2017
  3. JWM459 Win User
    Sync of Calendar and Contacts from icloud (730)

A new problem has arisen with my Lumia 730 and the sync from icloud. Suddenly, after circa 18 months of use, my phone tells me that I cannot sync (Calendar and Contacts) with icloud giving the error code 801901F5.

Thanks for help in advance.

JWM

JWM459, Sep 26, 2017
  4. iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV

Hi JonnyVermont

Is deselecting Live photos on phone an option for you.

I found live photos to be something I didn't need. Not sure how you use them.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    The JPEG would be a frame, the Movie would be that burst. Delete what you want from iCloud at iCloud - Sign in

bro67, Sep 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is really messed up that you have to go to multiple places on iOS and even MacOS when making these kind of changes. Apple needs to be pushed so that some of these settings that are cloud related, can be adjusted from the iCloud app and service for MacOS.

bro67, Sep 27, 2017
  7. Agree.

I guess they believe everyone wants everything. Good for business to as you zip through your 5 free GB's on iCloud.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV

We went with the family plan, because we keep so much as a backup on it that are also stored on the NAS, if something should happen to it.

bro67, Sep 28, 2017
  9. PJLLB Win User
    Well it's more like Apple decides what everyone wants for any feature of it's products and doesn't really allow the customer to do much customization, and only do things the one way Apple thinks is best. One thing about Windows: customization is off the wall, and you can do something five different ways -- just use the way you like. It's always been that way between the two operating systems.

PJLLB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV

1. iCloud sync gives me both JPEG and MOV - Similar Threads - iCloud sync both

2. windows icloud not syncing with outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows icloud not syncing with outlook: Windows icloud not syncing with outlook windows 11*Moved from Office insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icloud-not-syncing-with-outlook/c9610749-b6b9-486e-9a15-af0201790aac
  3. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  4. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  5. Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.: Hi. I've managed to add my iCloud calendar account to the Windows 10 mail/calendar app. The only problem i'm having is that when I edit/add a calendar event directly into the Windows 10 Calendar app, this new entry isn't getting reflected on my iCloud account (e.g. on my...
  6. Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar: Hi, I’m trying to sync iCloud with W10 but with no success, I generated the password but it still doesn’t work. I also have the iCloud app installed and functional on the pc but for some reason doesn’t sync with mail or calendar. And as I said I went on my Apple ID and...
  7. Poor folder syncing on iCloud

Poor folder syncing on iCloud: Despite iCloud being a designated option supposedly with its own unique pre-determined settings specific for the service I cannot get my Windows 10 Mail to stop making a new "Sent Messages" folder in my IMAP. Has anyone found a back-end workaround for this? I work for an...
  8. syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing iCloud for Windows to Mac: I need to sync edited documents, photos, etc. in iCloud for Windows, the changes prepared to be transferred to my Mac. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-icloud-for-windows-to-mac/2426a94b-6048-4121-ac3e-9293887584a4"
  9. icloud not syncing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    icloud not syncing: my icloud is not sync with calendars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-not-syncing/fdaf4703-ffe1-4a18-bd34-7d2b0732994e
  10. Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing

Icloud for PC, photostream not syncing: Windows 10 stopped syncing to photostream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-for-pc-photostream-not-syncing/4fb8668f-4616-4650-8fe4-b638fb939ddc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does icloud download a jpeg and mov file

2. icloud downloads as mov and jpeg

3. why doesnt icloud give me the jpg download option

4. why does icloud download jpg and mov files