Windows 10: icloud under one drive

Discus and support icloud under one drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just recently bought both a new PC and laptop and during the setup on both devices, when I installed icloud for windows, it appears that my icloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DH_747, Dec 17, 2019.

1. DH_747 Win User

icloud under one drive

I just recently bought both a new PC and laptop and during the setup on both devices, when I installed icloud for windows, it appears that my icloud information was saved under the one drive subfolder automatically. But I'm seeing a disconnect in several places. 1) On my old PC/laptop, when I saved pictures under the icloud Uploads folder, they would go directly to the Photos app on my iPhone, but now they go to the icloud through One Drive and for me to get them saved on My Photos app, I have to download them through the One Drive app. 2) Then when I went to icloud.com to delete some pictures on my PC, I notice that they actually delete on the My Photos app, which is actually what I want since I didn't want the pictures anymore, yet also I don't think they are deleting from icloud under one drive. Basically, it's like the photos will upload to icloud under one drive (but not my photos), yet when I also want to delete across devices directly through icloud, it won't affect what I have on one drive. There's also the pesky situation where am having to both upload to one drive and them also download to my photos. Is there a way to link all the one drive and photos information together so the uploads and deletions will occur across both apps?

:)

DH_747, Dec 17, 2019

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! icloud under one drive :)

justinmreina, Dec 17, 2019
  3. JustinWuB Win User
    How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks!

icloud under one drive [​IMG]

JustinWuB, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

icloud under one drive

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

icloud under one drive

1. icloud under one drive - Similar Threads - icloud under drive

2. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  3. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  4. Icloud drive not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud drive not enabled: I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home 22H2, fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the...
  5. Icloud drive not enabled

Icloud drive not enabled: I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home 22H2, fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the...
  6. How to stop one drive interfering with Icloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop one drive interfering with Icloud?: So I got my pc back after it was getting repaired, part of which involved a hard drive back up, and I tried installing Icloud back on my computer. However, I got a notification saying "icloud photos is incompatible with OneDrive Backup". Now this is strange because, while I...
  7. How to stop one drive interfering with Icloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop one drive interfering with Icloud?: So I got my pc back after it was getting repaired, part of which involved a hard drive back up, and I tried installing Icloud back on my computer. However, I got a notification saying "icloud photos is incompatible with OneDrive Backup". Now this is strange because, while I...
  8. How to stop one drive interfering with Icloud?

9. icloud drive and bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icloud drive and bitlocker: Hi, If I turn on bitlocker for a drive can icloud drive be used on it? Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-drive-and-bitlocker/151ed8ca-76d1-453b-a4be-3d24ddfaa1b5"
  10. iCloud Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Drive on Windows: My iCloud drive isn't up to date on my PC. It is on all my Apple devices. Is there a way to force a sync from the PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-drive-on-windows/b0a43f73-33dd-4e7a-a3bd-d7ef69ca3caa"