Windows 10: iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update

Discus and support iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in late 2018, Microsoft had put an upgrade block on Windows 10 October 2018 Update from reaching machines running an incompatible version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update

Back in late 2018, Microsoft had put an upgrade block on Windows 10 October 2018 Update from reaching machines running an incompatible version of iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27 to be specific).

In late November 2018, Apple updated iCloud for Windows version to address compatibility issues with Windows 10 version 1809 and Microsoft removed the upgrade block. This allowed users to manually check for updates and install Windows 10 October 2018 Update on their machines.

The support page has now been updated to explain that Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10 October 2018 Update as an automatic update to machines where iCloud is installed.

According to Microsoft Australia’s support document that was updated yesterday, the devices will be offered Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) in mid-February.

“Apple has released an updated version of iCloud for Windows (version 7.8.1) that resolves compatibility issues encountered when updating or synching Shared Albums after updating to Windows 10, version 1809. The upgrade bock will be removed mid-February, after which these devices will be offered Windows 10, version 1809 automatically,” the updated support document reads.

According to the same document, users F5 VPN clients will also start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update by mid-March.

“Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an automatic update in mid-March. At this time the block will be removed and you will be offered Windows 10, version 1809 automatically,” the company explains.

Microsoft has addressed most of the issues in this new release of Windows 10. For example, Microsoft has fixed a compatibility issue where some PCs with outdated AMD Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphic processor units (GPUs) experienced issues after installing Windows 10 version 1809.

The post iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 4, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. iCloud users will soon start receiving Windows 10 version 1809 automatic update - Similar Threads - iCloud users soon

2. "Your version of windows 10 will stop receiving important quality updates soon." Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your version of windows 10 will stop receiving important quality updates soon." Update: it says this for my pc maybe 4 or 5 months ago i bought a brand new rig.. now it says this? did i install a virus on my windows? has my pc already gone old and obsolete? i dont understand this... do i have to pay for this? please help submitted by /u/Academic_Complaint67...
  3. After receiving Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 I receive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After receiving Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 I receive...: We are using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 on the client. When trying to remote debug using Visual Studio 2010 (from client), I receive the error, "Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor name, '..' A security package specific error...
  4. After receiving Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 I receive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After receiving Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 I receive...: We are using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 on the client. When trying to remote debug using Visual Studio 2010 (from client), I receive the error, "Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor name, '..' A security package specific error...
  5. Some business users will start seeing Windows 10 version 1903 soon

in Windows 10 News
    Some business users will start seeing Windows 10 version 1903 soon: Microsoft recently issued an upgrade reminder for organizations using Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) with older Windows Update for Business (WUB) settings. Organizations or businesses administering Windows 10 with older Windows Update for Business settings...
  6. receiving windows update error 0x80244018 for "Feature update for Windows 10 version 1809"

receiving windows update error 0x80244018 for "Feature update for Windows 10 version 1809": I'm getting error 0x80244018 when I try to download the "Feature update to Windows 10 - version 1809" through windows update. I am somewhat surprised, since I recently wiped (formatted) the entire hard drive through a destructive restore, then reinstalled windows, an...
  7. 1809 Update Breaks iCloud

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 Update Breaks iCloud: iCloud users should note this before upgrading. More evidence of poor testing? https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...-broken-icloud 121959
  8. using icloud on Windows 10 version 1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using icloud on Windows 10 version 1809: I am unable I access iCloud.com on Windows 10 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-icloud-on-windows-10-version-1809/ea559319-6efe-4ed4-8fd4-23fc4d2c541d"
  9. Windows 10 version 1809 to receive Printer drivers through Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 to receive Printer drivers through Windows Update: Microsoft pushed out the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. The update was later blocked due to major issues found during and after installation. However, the company has introduced some new features in the Windows 10 version 1809....
  10. Windows 10 Version 1809 Update - Loss of User Data

Windows 10 Version 1809 Update - Loss of User Data: This mornings update resulted in a successful system update and for some reason a loss of user data. The user/documents folder is present but all files and structure under the folder is missing. Windows.old folder is missing the same data. I've never seen this before and...