Windows 10: iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download

Discus and support iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and discovered that iCloud for Windows is now on the MS Store. After installing, the Photos options are not what they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imacken, Jul 26, 2020.

1. imacken Win User

iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download

I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and discovered that iCloud for Windows is now on the MS Store.
    After installing, the Photos options are not what they used (should?) be.
    I am not getting any syncing/downloading from my phone.
    Any ideas? I've attached the options I can see, which is not what they used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

It's OK, I see now. The folder has changed from Downloads to Photos in this new version.
    All is now good.

:)

imacken, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Marek Win User

How do I bulk download photos marked as favorite from iCloud?

I have about 1000 photos in iCloud marked as favorite and I would like to download them in full quality all at once. So far, I found two options and none of them is good:

1. Multi-select photos on iCloud and select download unmodified
      originals. This requires to click on all 1000 photos one by one and downloads .heic files which i further need to convert to jpg.
    2. Get iCloud for windows and download all the original files. However, this is very slow and I need to manually pick the favorites out of all files.

Marek, Jul 26, 2020
  3. How do I get "Photo Options" to pop up once I open icloud for windows 10?

Hi Don,

There are several options that you can do to troubleshoot your iCloud
    issue. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Uninstall and reinstall iCloud.
    • Make sure that your iCloud app is enabled to both your iOS devices and to your Windows 10 PC.
    • Open iCloud to check if the Photo Options window will pop-up.
    • If not, create a new user profile named Test and open iCloud
      from there.

Should you have questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 26, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download - Similar Threads - iCloud app showing

2. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  3. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  4. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  5. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  6. No iCloud Photos in thenew Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No iCloud Photos in thenew Photos app: In the new Windows 11 22H2 update, there is a new photos app. Recently it got released to everyone, I was exited and I downloaded it. Once I have download the app, I see that in the photos app there isn't a option for iCloud Photos! I have the iCloud app installed, and the...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo: I have Windows 10 Home. I have photos that I have downloaded to my pc from a SD card. Microsoft photo app is the program I have. When I open the photo, it flashes a picture of the complete photo, then automatically changes it to only part of the photo. I have tried this on my...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo: I have Windows 10 Home. I have photos that I have downloaded to my pc from a SD card. Microsoft photo app is the program I have. When I open the photo, it flashes a picture of the complete photo, then automatically changes it to only part of the photo. I have tried this on my...
  9. iCloud Photos downloads to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud Photos downloads to PC: I have a Windows 10 pc and an iPhone. For years I have been downloading photos from iCloud onto my pc - saving them into different folders as appropriate. I got a new pc a couple of weeks ago still with Windows 10, but using Microsoft 365 rather than my old Microsoft 2013....
  10. iCloud Photos not downloading or showing up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    iCloud Photos not downloading or showing up on Windows 10: [ATTACH] iCloud appears as an ideal way of sharing and viewing your Photos stored on Apple devices. The same can be downloaded and stored to a Windows PC from the iCloud Photo Library/My Photo Stream. However, some error can occur midway [...] This post iCloud Photos not...