Windows 10: iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop.

Discus and support iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I open the camera app on my laptop, an iCloudDrive folder recreates itself on my desktop. I’ve uninstalled iCloud and it still keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jordanB24, Apr 8, 2021.

1. jordanB24 Win User

iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop.

Every time I open the camera app on my laptop, an iCloudDrive folder recreates itself on my desktop. I’ve uninstalled iCloud and it still keeps happening. Any suggestions to make it stop ?

:)

jordanB24, Apr 8, 2021

2. Deleted folder keeps getting recreated, can't find which program is recreating it

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to delete a folder named 搜狐影音 (Sohu TV) in My Documents, but every time I do, it just seems to recreate itself. While I may have installed the software in question, it's long gone by now, yet somehow there's
    a trace still remaining somewhere that I can't find. I've tried the following methods and the same thing happens each time:

• Run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, the folder is detected as PUP.Optional.Legacy
    • Analysed with Process Monitor, everything is only shown under explorer.exe and there is nothing to indicate which program created it
    • Checked Task Scheduler, nothing there as well
    • Attempted to delete %APPDATA%\Local\Temp
    • Deleted any relevant entries in the registry
    • Run cleaning utilities such as Glary Utilities and CCleaner, they couldn't detect anything that could be responsible
    • Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner on my entire computer, it did delete some infected files, but not whatever keeps creating the folder
    My theory is that there is some kind of file being run automatically that does this and yet, it doesn't get detected by any antivirus programs or cleaners. I want to resolve this problem without having to reinstall Windows because I don't think the problem
    would go away even if it did and if so, I don't want to waste any more time than I already have since Microsoft Safety Scanner took 7 hours to scan everything.

Tsukasa Hiiragi, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Apr 8, 2021
  4. iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop.

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop.

1. iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop. - Similar Threads - iCloudDrive folder keeps

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. PerfLogs folder didn't recreate automatically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PerfLogs folder didn't recreate automatically.: I deleted PerLogs folder and it didnt recreate automatically.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perflogs-folder-didnt-recreate-automatically/61e46799-8e90-4b3a-b0b9-a4953d2bb44b
  5. iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloudDrive folder keeps recreating itself on my desktop: Every time I open the camera app on my laptop, an iCloudDrive folder recreates itself on my desktop. I’ve uninstalled iCloud and it still keeps happening. Any suggestions to make it stop ? submitted by /u/InterruptingCow__ [link] [comments]...
  6. iCloudDrive for windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloudDrive for windows: I am using iCloudDrive on my Windows 10 computer. All of a sudden some of the sub-folders of iCloudDrive get multiple numbered occurrences such as Excel, Excel1, Excel2 etc. I cannot delete the extra sub-folders because it would erase all the folders with the same name, on...
  7. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...
  8. Recreated User folder - permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recreated User folder - permissions: Created another admin account 'Dave', then deleted my Mac20 original account. Recreated Mac20 using outlook but when I go in \Users I still see the original Mac20 folder (with only 2 objects) and the new one called Mac20.DESKTOP-34C11S0. This will allow me to move the...
  9. My folder keeps Rechecking itself as Read-Only!

in Windows 10 Support
    My folder keeps Rechecking itself as Read-Only!: Hi, I'm using DesktopServer to develop local sites on my Win 10 computer. I don't recall this ever happening before but now when I tried to create a website by importing my backup archive, I get this error about not being able to write and update... [img] ...which then...
  10. DISMHOST.exe is recursively recreating itself

in Windows 10 Support
    DISMHOST.exe is recursively recreating itself: Dismhost.exe is recreating itself and and new folder about every 5 minutes while the machine is idle/asleep. Each of these new folders in \users\me\AppData\local\temp\... and contains about 2 dozen files and a copy of dismhost.exe. To the tune of about 2 gigs an hour. The...