Windows 10: ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

Discus and support ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColleenCassidy, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks

:)

ColleenCassidy, Oct 15, 2018

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi Team,

Does Windows differentiates the updates as automatically-installed vs manually installed? I am not sure of how to check whether the updates are done automatically. Can you please advise?

As I mentioned earlier, I manually disable the 'Windows Update' service and then I start the internet connection through my mobile phone data. I always keep this connection as metered. I enable the service manually and then manually check for updates, only
    if I get a WIFI network.

That was the remedy I am following, but still the laptop is consuming a lot of data. Previously, I used Windows 8.1 on my old laptop and that never consumed such huge amounts of data.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ratnakhar Meka

RatnakharMeka, Oct 15, 2018
  4. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

1. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data - Similar Threads - ICloudPhoto exe consuming

2. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  3. High Data Consume

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Data Consume: Window High Data Consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-data-consume/a5b557a9-495e-4be7-a7fa-0106a1d841dc
  4. System consume a lot of data on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consume a lot of data on windows 10: Give me some solution how to save my data when I connect my mobile wifi with laptop then my laptop system consume too much data. I lost 6 GB data in an hour, I don't know how to prevent this so please me provide that problem solution....
  5. service host is consuming a lot of data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    service host is consuming a lot of data.: Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?...
  6. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  7. Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.: I am currently on 1909 and recently windows 2004 update appeared on the windows update section maybe 2 days ago . I tried downloading it, but every time I tried to download it, the update got stuck at "getting things ready" 0%, it didn't even move a bit, just 0%. I checked...
  8. Data consumed for update for no increase

Data consumed for update for no increase: My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for over 2 days now. My...
  9. Windows 10 consuming lots of data after disabling some basic settings

Windows 10 consuming lots of data after disabling some basic settings: Hello, I'm having issues with my windows10 home. It's consuming lots of data, I've tried everything I can think of but none seems to be working. I've switched on metered connection, I've disabled auto update and BITS but it's still draining my data and I've also disable...
  10. System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro: I just bought a new laptop and upgraded it to windows 10pro. But the data it consumes is a lot in such a small amount of time. I stopped all the background apps and even set my network as metered but the consumption won't stop. In data usage, it shows that the most data is...