Windows 10: ICMP problem

Discus and support ICMP problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have site to site VPN network. My problem is that, when I do ping between PCs form site to site the ping works only between PCs with any windows os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DhiaAhmed, Sep 20, 2021.

1. DhiaAhmed Win User

ICMP problem

I have site to site VPN network. My problem is that, when I do ping between PCs form site to site the ping works only between PCs with any windows os other than windows 10.Note: when I do ping form the local network to windows 10 it works. Windows 10 only allows ping from the local subnet ! Can you help me with that ?

:)

DhiaAhmed, Sep 20, 2021
  2. saarxee Win User

ICMP attacks for me! help!

works or not?

saarxee, Sep 20, 2021
  3. windows 10 firewall filtering icmp

Amit(Kumar) did you even read what your link states? It is for developers that have access to programs and tools that most end users do not have. Your response is a class **** answer that floods these forums.

Sorry elkido122, I am looking for answers to the same problem. Why do you feel that your IPV6 is limited to your ICMP rules? Are you basing it solely off these ipv6test type websites? IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test

I feel as if I have setup my system perfectly for IPV6 but when I hit that site it says my ICMP is being filtered and shows up yellow. I have allowed ICMP through my router and I have allowed it through windows firewall as well. I still get the same result,
    so I am at a loss. Let me know if you find an answer.

C.T. Dunlap, Sep 20, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

ICMP problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

ICMP problem

1. ICMP problem - Similar Threads - ICMP problem

2. "Your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" problem: have tried everything to find out why my PC can't do any screen recordings or replace. It can screenshot but that's it really. I did try game DVR also tried registry keys but they don't seem to work out for me. And I do have the minimum requirements to record, so why is it...
  3. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  4. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. How to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through Windows Firewall: [ATTACH]By default, the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security blocks ICMP Echo Requests (Pings) from the network. In this post, we will show you how to allow Pings (ICMP Echo requests) through your Windows Firewall using Command Prompt or via the Windows Firewall with...
  7. Router firewall ICMP risks and threats?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router firewall ICMP risks and threats?: Hello everyone I have found out, that my Router firewall has never blocked ICMP traffic. There is a lot of opinions online regarding ICMP, and whether it should be disabled or limited. So far I have found out, that it can exploited to monitor network traffic / I/O traffic...
  8. Disabling ICMP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling ICMP: Hi all, in the system32 folder path drivers/etc there are two files named protocols and services. I commented out the ICMP and TFTP lines, however, I can still ping my device. If I'm not mistaken ping uses ICMP and AFAIC I just disabled that protocol. Did I do it wrong?...
  9. Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Interface shows 'No Internet' in Win 10 but DNS, ICMP and all other traffic works: After a reboot of Win 10 (10.0.17134), sometimes the interface shows 'No Internet' but from CLI, DNS queries, ICMP and MSIE all work without issues. However apps like Outlook and Spotify (and a few others) uses the adapter status to determine if throughput is up or down so...
  10. IPv6 tunnel question: IP is not ICMP pingable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you...

in Windows 10 Customization
    IPv6 tunnel question: IP is not ICMP pingable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you...: Hi, Is there any easy way to allow this to not be blocked please? I am trying to set a 4 to 6 tunnel via https://www.tunnelbroker.net/new_tunnel.php Is this a trusted service too? Regards, John Oliver...