Windows 10: Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account

Discus and support Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a new family account for my mum, but some of the the icons on the taskbar are wrong or missing altogether and there's no easy way to access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account

I created a new family account for my mum, but some of the the icons on the taskbar are wrong or missing altogether and there's no easy way to access folders in the File Explorer application i.e. there are is icon on her taskbar.

:)

CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 16, 2021
  4. jsmin Win User

Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account

1. Icon and File Explorer Problems in Windows 10 Family Account - Similar Threads - Icon File Explorer

2. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  3. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  4. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  5. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  6. Windows File Explorer file icons

Windows File Explorer file icons: My question is no about the size of the icons. It's about whether there is a possible choice for the icon to display a miniature of the graphic when it is a jpg, gif, or png file. Right now, it seems to be stuck on displaying an icon for the default application that will open...
  7. Windows 10 file explorer problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file explorer problem: I bought a PC this year with Windows 10 installed, and it went fine but after some time it started freezing whenever I opened the file explorer or if I right clicked on a file or in the desktop. The files in the desktop also display a blank page instead of their usual icon. I...
  8. Problem with family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. Windows 10- File Explorer problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- File Explorer problem.: Recently, when I load an audio CD to view file properties using File Explorer in Windows 10 a dialog box appears with two choices for how I plan to use the CD I am about to burn. File Explorer then starts to reformat my audio CD thus corrupting my music files on the CD. I...
  10. Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer

Windows 10 accounts & File Explorer: New to windows 10, I have 2 accounts both in family. When I log into my account and open File explorer, I can see all the programs copied across from my previous PC, e.g. music, pictures etc., however, when my wife logs into her account, and opens file explorer the folders...