Windows 10: icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

Discus and support icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EinstieCHUA, Mar 12, 2022.

1. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks.

:)

EinstieCHUA, Mar 12, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. Error 404 Win User
    Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

1. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade - Similar Threads - icon appeared desktop

2. Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 yesterday, but I cannot figure out how to remove these Library icons. There is no delete option when I right-click on them and nothing happens when I press delete on my keyboard.Also, there is no option to remove them under "Desktop...
  3. Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Library Desktop Icons: I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 yesterday, but I cannot figure out how to remove these Library icons. There is no delete option when I right-click on them and nothing happens when I press delete on my keyboard.Also, there is no option to remove them under "Desktop...
  4. Cannot delete desktop icons

Cannot delete desktop icons: When I try to delete some of the icons for shortcuts and full files on my desktop, they disappear but then, a few minutes later they will all return. I cannot get rid of them! Any ideas on how to fix this??thanks...
  5. Cannot delete desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icons: When I try to delete some of the icons for shortcuts and full files on my desktop, they disappear but then, a few minutes later they will all return. I cannot get rid of them! Any ideas on how to fix this??thanks...
  6. icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade

icon appeared in desktop and cannot be deleted after upgrade: why can't i delete this icon? what is this icon used for? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-appeared-in-desktop-and-cannot-be-deleted/ff80436b-44fc-4291-b450-5721eb057ea8
  7. No icons appear on desktop

No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  8. Cannot delete desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete desktop icon: It is telling me that this file is open in system. I know where it came from, it was an invoice . I deleted the file days ago and now left an icon cannot delete. Googled and prefer not to download software. Thank you. Chuck 173287
  9. Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.: Not sure why but some said it has to do with a roaming profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keeps-re-appearing-after-i-deleted/fa30aeed-83b7-49f0-8a2b-18e340537825
  10. No icons appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...