Windows 10: Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

Discus and support Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All the icons desktop icons, folder icons and task bar icons are not visible for me. Please help me fix this issue!! I am attaching a screenshot for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PRAKRITRAJ, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

All the icons desktop icons, folder icons and task bar icons are not visible for me. Please help me fix this issue!!

I am attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue [​IMG]

All the places where i have queries, i have put a blue circle and question marks.

This occurred after the .NET framework update 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 1909 and above.

:)

PRAKRITRAJ, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

All the icons ( desktop icons, folder icons and task bar icons are not visible for me. Please help me fix this issue!!

I am attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue [​IMG]

All the places where i have queries, i have put a blue circle and question marks.

This occurred after the .NET framework update 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 1909 and above.

PRAKRITRAJ, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

Hi

My name is Bernard and hopefully, this will help answer your question, what we will do is to reset the Windows apps and store components, after that if the issue persist we will do a repair upgrade to make sure that it will surely work, follow the steps below
    and I hope this will help:

Method 1. Repair Windows Store apps:

1. Download the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Link below.

Windows Store Apps Not Working Properly

2. Temporarily Disable the Anti-virus

3. Run Powershell

4. On Powershell(admin), copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Method 2. Reset update and app components

Open Powershell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows Powershell(Admin))

Copy each line of command to Powershell then press enter (one line at a time)

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

net stop appidsvc

net stop cryptsvc

Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"

rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q

rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q

regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll

regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll

regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset proxy

net start bits

net start wuauserv

net start appidsvc

net start cryptsvc

If none will work from the above solution I suggest to do an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

Note: before doing this make sure to create a restore point:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/402753...

1. go to this link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

2. Select Download tool, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.

3. On the License terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.

4. On the What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next.

5. After downloading and installing, it should fix the issue.

Reference:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Note: if you receive error: “This Pc can’t be upgrade, follow the steps below”

Method 1. Go to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther then delete the file name compatscancache.dat

Then try again or reboot the PC first then try again.

You might not see the folder as it is hidden, make sure to show hidden files first.

Let me know how does it goes and I hope that helps.

Bernard

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue

1. Icon are not visible everywhere except from the start menu. How to fix this issue - Similar Threads - Icon are visible

2. Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop: I have a shortcut which in file explorer and properties it shows the icon, but on the desktop, it just shows a blank file icon. It used to work until I put it into a folder, after a while I took it out and it didn't work. I tried remaking the shortcut but the issue didn't...
  3. Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop: I have a shortcut which in file explorer and properties it shows the icon, but on the desktop, it just shows a blank file icon. It used to work until I put it into a folder, after a while I took it out and it didn't work. I tried remaking the shortcut but the issue didn't...
  4. How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu: When I turnoff my internet, the icons disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icon-disappeared-in-start-menu/ffc12f91-fd9d-4a3f-8a85-6e1f422e592e
  5. How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu

How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu: When I turnoff my internet, the icons disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icon-disappeared-in-start-menu/ffc12f91-fd9d-4a3f-8a85-6e1f422e592e
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons Are Missing. How to fix?

Windows 10 Start Menu Icons Are Missing. How to fix?: Hi guys. All of a sudden some of my pinned apps disappeared. When I repin it, it shows up as blank only and will not open at all when I click it located on the top left showing W~Chrome. How do you fix this?...
  7. Start Menu Applications icons not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Applications icons not visible: After Update Windows 10 20H2 start menu icons are not showing but applications names are visible . i cleaned cache and temporary windows files using Disk Clean up then restarted my Computer still icons are not visible . [ATTACH]...
  8. How do I fix these start menu icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  9. In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Start Menu icons of the most application are missing. How to fix it?: How to return icons of applications? Screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-start-menu-icons-of-the-most-application-are/cb08981f-5313-4103-8c40-e6292882fea1
  10. All icons missing except on start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons missing except on start menu.: [img] [img] [img] [img] As you can see all the icons are missing or broken except for the ones on the start menu. Didn't really do anything before this, just played games. 78026