Windows 10: Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

Discus and support Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows from the Microsoft website and installed it on my Thinkpad. The installation went flawlessly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeyHeyPeople, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

Hey all, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows from the Microsoft website and installed it on my Thinkpad. The installation went flawlessly and I've installed all the necessary drivers for the Laptop. The only issue I was experiencing was that it kept displaying a graphical bug when looking at available networks.

Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal) [​IMG]

It displays a rectangular box in front of the signal strength. I'm not sure what's causing this as the boxes seem to be the icon for devices and I have no idea how that got there.

Running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.631

:)

HeyHeyPeople, Dec 21, 2020

2. Translucent Selection Rectangle

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to disabling the translucent selection rectangle on Desktop icons.

Based on my research, when you uncheck the box for Show translucent selection rectangle
    under System Properties, it will make the rectangle translucent that appears when drag the mouse and select multiple items on the
    Desktop.

However, the rectangle that shows up when you highlight a Desktop icon is to identify which icon is selected, and currently the option to disable that effect is not available in Windows 10, as it will become difficult to identify which icon is selected.

I would encourage you to provide a feedback using the Feedback
    Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this and try to implement the feature in upcoming builds.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 21, 2020
  3. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it.

Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal) 4e465425-01a9-4163-b832-3d18dc3381fb?upload=true.png

As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this rectangular box appears on top of WiFi. The same happens when I check available WiFis in Network and Internet settings.

I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language with latest updates.

Sushruta Bhattacharjee, Dec 21, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

Thanks! Which mobile app do you suggest?

When the router was installed, it was checked and the best place was selected. All the issue appeared very recently.

Thema:

Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

1. Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal) - Similar Threads - Icon Bug WiFi

2. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  4. Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal): Hey all, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows from the Microsoft website and installed it on my Thinkpad. The installation went flawlessly and I've installed all the necessary drivers for the Laptop. The only issue I was experiencing was that it kept displaying a...
  5. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable. I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this...
  6. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi icon showing weird rectangle: WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it. [ATTACH] As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this rectangular box appears on top of WiFi. The same happens when I check available WiFis in Network and Internet settings. I am...
  7. Translucent Selection Rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translucent Selection Rectangle: When I do this: system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle" My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over...
  8. Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iMaSaijayin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpo3nf/blank_pages_in_front_of_desktop_icons_bug/
  9. Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle: Hey, When I turn up the volume while playing music or a vidéo, the play pause next and previous icons do not appear. I do have the box near the volume, but only rectangles are displayed. [ATTACH] what can I do?...
  10. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front: Hi all, I've searched high and wide all over the internet to see if anyone has had this problem, and (possibly due to being quite difficult to describe) I've been unable to find a similar instance - but I would imagine it is an easy fix for someone in the know. The...