Windows 10: Icon bug

Discus and support Icon bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am on windows 10 and i want to change the recycle bin shortcut icon from my custom dustbin icon to the default recycle icon. But it is changing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IshanDe, Jun 9, 2021.

1. IshanDe Win User

Icon bug

I am on windows 10 and i want to change the recycle bin shortcut icon from my custom dustbin icon to the default recycle icon. But it is changing to the recycle bin icon of windows 7 but I am on windows 10 version 21h1. The same does happen on This PC shortcut icon. Can anybody fix this?

:)

IshanDe, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Two bugs in GPU-Z - missing icon and version number

...version 0.6.6. Running on Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Ultimate. Using Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 videocard.
    The only thing special on my system is I use Stardock Fences 2.01.
    1st bug - No icon?? My GPU-Z lost its icon in one of the last updates, and trying to set an icon for it, Windows 7 says "The file C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU-Z\CPU-Z.exe contains no icons. Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file."
    Is this a bug or an oversight? Or is my GPU-Z.exe file damaged somehow?

2nd bug - I can't see the version number anywhere now. Please add an About screen, or another way to see the version - it just shows the GPU core temp now.

Naki, Jun 9, 2021
  3. XPEHOPE3 Win User

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Nomgle Win User

Icon bug

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Icon bug :)

Nomgle, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Icon bug

1. Icon bug - Similar Threads - Icon bug

2. Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug?: Icons bugs Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-showing-as-png-icon-guys-is-it-windows-bug/f2a64556-1a67-4370-a90c-26d47f71da52
  3. Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug?: Icons bugs Its not showing as png icon Guys is it windows bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-showing-as-png-icon-guys-is-it-windows-bug/f2a64556-1a67-4370-a90c-26d47f71da52
  4. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  5. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  6. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  7. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

[Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  8. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug: There are a million things that cause the desktop icon text shadow to reappear, even when you've turn the option off in your preferences. Since this bug has existed since about Windows 3 in 1990 possibly earlier and since Microsoft have been notified since about that period I...
  9. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug: There are a million things that cause the desktop icon text shadow to reappear, even when you've turn the option off in your preferences. Since this bug has existed since about Windows 3 in 1990 possibly earlier and since Microsoft have been notified since about that period I...
  10. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

in Windows 10 Customization