Windows 10: Icon cache folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Icon cache folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, It seems like every time I reboot, my icons always go back to their original state after I sort them where I want them to be. My laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kwa71, Oct 9, 2019.

1. kwa71 Win User

Icon cache folder in Windows 10

Hello All,
    It seems like every time I reboot, my icons always go back to their original state after I sort them where I want them to be.

My laptop is used/refurbished. I know the last owner had a serious virus on it because two of my memory banks still aren't working.

I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Should I create the icon cache folder the way I want it anyway??

I'm confused on this one.

:)

kwa71, Oct 9, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Icon cache folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Icon cache folder

2. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  3. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  4. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Cortana
    How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10: With clearing in start menu bellow instruction work perfect, but how to clear cache in searching screen shoot with broken icons in the end ?taskkill /IM explorer.exe /FDEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"DEL /A /F /Q...
  5. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10: With clearing in start menu bellow instruction work perfect, but how to clear cache in searching screen shoot with broken icons in the end ?taskkill /IM explorer.exe /FDEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"DEL /A /F /Q...
  6. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb: I have a Cache Folder that just go bigger and bigger and I want to know if and how I can clear it. Normal Windows Clean Up dosent work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cache-folder-with-100gb/17245522-c205-4cda-9541-0c6619e521fa
  8. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  9. Icon Caching Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Caching Problem: Folks, I'm having an icon caching problem that I've not been able to solve. What precipitated this event was that I was trying to get Adobe Connect to work. From what I could tell Shockwave was having an argument with Windows 10. I've tried everything suggested on this...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wher is icon cache folder