Windows 10: Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

Discus and support Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tlf55, Jun 4, 2017.

1. tlf55 Win User

Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits

Hi guys, it's since CU update (fresh install) i have a issue with Icons cache.. It keeps rebuilding itself ! like every 2 reboot, when i go in a folder where's a lot of different type of files exe/jpg/bat/rar.... like my "download folder" all icons are blank then change slowly to the "normal what should be" icon

What can i do to solve this issue ?

:)

tlf55, Jun 4, 2017
  2. nicom028 Win User

Upgrade W7 64bits to W10 32 bits. computer hangs after upgrade without reason. downgrade back to W7, now i have the 32 bits version.

Good day,

After upgrading from W7 64 bit pro, i received the W10 32 bit ??

W10 hangs even itself many times, only hard power down works.

So, i decided to go back to W7, but nw i have the W7 32 bits version.

What can i do to get my "old" W7 64 bit again, so i can try to update to W10 64 bit later????

eventvwr.exe did not show any help in W10, it reported that some snapp-in did not react.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out here.

nicom028, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 start menu app icons wrong can't delete app.

I had that problem too.

After searching, I have found an answer to this issue.

Rebuild Icon Cache

I hope it helps.

ZeroCoolNew, Jun 4, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Scottyboy99, Jun 4, 2017
  6. tlf55 Win User
    Thanks for you help guys but it didn't work, however I found the culprit.. It's Windows Defender !

Every time after a reboot it just scan every folder I go into, so if the icons cache are rebuild for a reason or an other it just making icon cache building again but very slow because of the scan of files in that folder, and specially my "Download" folder because i have a lot of exe there so a lot of "different icon".

I just found that the real issue wasn't the cache rebuilding itself after 1 or 2 reboot but the building very slow that annoy me. I disabled real time protection rebuild manually the icon cache and it was so quick that i could see that it's was rebuilt ! but with Windows defender real time protection rebuilding icon cache is slow because of the scan..

Anyway thanks for you help, hopes my "issue" will be solved one day by an update of Defender. And hopes that my found helps other with this issue

tlf55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icon cache keep rebuilding itself W10 Pro 64 Bits - Similar Threads - Icon cache keep

2. Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.610. Shortly after that a number of icons on my desktop went blank. Properties displays still show correct icons. Tried running Rebuild_Icon_Cache batch file supplied in the tutorials but no success. Any ideas? 167685
  3. Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild: Hello, I have recently been experimenting with replacing the icons for the applications on my PC using a program called "Customizergod" and in this process seemed to have removed all the icons in my file explore, desktop, etc. I've tried many solutions such as rebuilding the...
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. I tried to rebuild the icon cache

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to rebuild the icon cache: I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373
  6. upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits: My computers is x64 based, with 8GB RAM (avaible 4GB ?!?) and my windows 10 home is 32 bits. Can I upgrade to windows pro 64 bits? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-w10-home-32-bits-to-w10-pro-64-bits/0c7f0fdb-6d5e-4404-8f88-7bd216715aab
  7. Bsod - w10 64 bit pro [ DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod - w10 64 bit pro [ DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ]: deleted everything and i mean everything. reinstalled windows 10 using installation media. started working fine until i restarted my computer a few times & it gave me this error. how can i fix this? i can post the dump file if needed....
  8. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?: I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something...
  9. W10 32 bits to 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 32 bits to 64 bits: Hello, I just noted that my Toshiba U300 laptop had a 32 bits operating system. It's now Windows 10 that I got with the free upgrade. My question : what's the easiest way to do a free W10 64 bits clean install ? More details ... When I bought this laptop, it had Vista...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...