Windows 10: Icon Change - Bug

Discus and support Icon Change - Bug in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to change the Folder Icon in its settings, but every time I try to give it a picture I download with the right pixels it will not change. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aaverius, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Aaverius Win User

Icon Change - Bug

I tried to change the Folder Icon in its settings, but every time I try to give it a picture I download with the right pixels it will not change.
    Even if I click apply and then ok, it only worked once and then I moved it and it went back to normal again.

:)

Aaverius, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Two bugs in GPU-Z - missing icon and version number

...version 0.6.6. Running on Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Ultimate. Using Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 videocard.
    The only thing special on my system is I use Stardock Fences 2.01.
    1st bug - No icon?? My GPU-Z lost its icon in one of the last updates, and trying to set an icon for it, Windows 7 says "The file C:\Program Files (x86)\GPU-Z\CPU-Z.exe contains no icons. Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file."
    Is this a bug or an oversight? Or is my GPU-Z.exe file damaged somehow?

2nd bug - I can't see the version number anywhere now. Please add an About screen, or another way to see the version - it just shows the GPU core temp now.

3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Icon Change - Bug

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Icon Change - Bug

1. Icon Change - Bug - Similar Threads - Icon Change Bug

2. System icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System icons bug: I got a new laptop, and hours after installing the hundreds of updates to my NEW computer, I restarted it, and after booting, the system icons disappeared. I searched the web, finding that toggling some taskbar settings can cause the icons to show. None of the settings seemed...
  3. System icons bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System icons bug: I got a new laptop, and hours after installing the hundreds of updates to my NEW computer, I restarted it, and after booting, the system icons disappeared. I searched the web, finding that toggling some taskbar settings can cause the icons to show. None of the settings seemed...
  4. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  5. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  6. Icon bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon bug: I am on windows 10 and i want to change the recycle bin shortcut icon from my custom dustbin icon to the default recycle icon. But it is changing to the recycle bin icon of windows 7 but I am on windows 10 version 21h1. The same does happen on This PC shortcut icon. Can...
  7. Icons are bugging out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are bugging out.: The icons on my desktop are bugged out, and the icons on my file explorer are all blacked out. I ran sfc scan and it told me there were corrupt files but it couldn't fix it, what to do?...
  8. Bug With HomeScreen Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug With HomeScreen Icons: [IMG]What can i do to fix this problem? My homescreen icons are bug and they saty like that even though I close everything. I already turn off my pc like 3 times, and also restarted it...
  9. Icon Bug Pixel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Bug Pixel: Hello, sometimes when i turn on my pc the edges of the icons and the text got a little more pixel then usual, what can be? Thanks :P Everything is updated.. https://prnt.sc/scwuea https://prnt.sc/scwujh https://prnt.sc/scwx9a my rig: i7-7700k rtx 2070S 16Gb Msi...
  10. Blank icon bug.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon bug.: My non-admin local account The only local account I have has some desktop icons as blank icons. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-bug/09dd2471-f74f-4944-a0dc-a7974b643825