Windows 10: Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

Discus and support Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, 2 computers here that suddenly have the volume icon hidden behind another icon. "It's not hidden, it's turned off - turn it on via 'Turn system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NukeFace1945, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

So, 2 computers here that suddenly have the volume icon hidden behind another icon.

"It's not hidden, it's turned off - turn it on via 'Turn system icons on or off' " -> No, it's hidden, not off.

How do I know? If I open the 'Turn system icons on or off' and opt to "turn off volume", then the Network icon dissappears. Turn that off, Dropbox leaves the screen.

It's just that icon. If I turn off "Microphone" it dissapears from the system tray, turn it back on and it goes into the pop-up system tray under the up chevron.

How do I get the volume icon back? It's got that handy volume menu/mixer in it that I want ;-

EDIT: Actually, it's not specific to the icon. I just clicked & dragged another icon to all the way over the clock to become the most right icon and now that icon has dissappeared and the volume has returned. It appears the first position from the right is now default behind some bigger/differently categorized icons like date/time & Input Indicator.

:)

NukeFace1945, Mar 6, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2020
  3. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever
    i game on 720p and close the game, if i restart windows the problem dissapears but happens again if i play a game in 720p and then i close it and return on desktop. My laptop has a 1080p display.model Hp au101-nv. How can i repair this problem???

thank you

GiannisStamatiadis, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

System tray

Yes, and you can drag them from the 'hidden icons' box onto the system tray too. I always do that for the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' icon which usually first appears in the 'hidden icons' list.

Bree, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

1. Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others - Similar Threads - Icon dissappeared hidden

2. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  3. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  4. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  5. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  6. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  7. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar: Well the title says everthing... Since the introduction of the news ans interest widget, if I enable it the little arrow allowing to open the system tray is hidden behind and cannot be accessed ?! If I enable only the icon for the weather I can see part of it but if I enable...
  8. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  9. System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jdbassi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwq5k1/system_tray_icons_hiding_behind_blank_space/
  10. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...