Windows 10: Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar

Discus and support Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw threads from 2017 about this and they were closed. I have to say that today everything updated as of the creation of this thread that for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GearWorld, Apr 19, 2020.

1. GearWorld Win User

Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar

I saw threads from 2017 about this and they were closed. I have to say that today everything updated as of the creation of this thread that for instance, Messenger beta pinned to the Taskbar from the Start menu, will be pinned ok but after closing the app, the icon goes away disappear from Taskbar.

This is very troubling.

:)

GearWorld, Apr 19, 2020
  2. scps67 Win User

Icon staying pinned to taskbar

I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears.

How do I get it to stay?

I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes.

I want it to stay

scps67, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Icons will not stay pinned to Taskbar

We suggest doing a clean install instead, since other steps provided did not work. Click
    here to know how to perform a clean install.

We'll wait for the result.

Radney Dri, Apr 19, 2020
  4. scps67 Win User

Icon staying pinned to taskbar

It is only with messenger icon.

I have had the icon on my taskbar for years without a problem.

I open messenger and click the "pin to taskbar".

It must accept the instruction as if you check later "unpin to taskbar is an option".

It may stay on the taskbar an hour or 2 unopened, and then it just disappears.

Sometimes it disppears when I close the app down, despite having pinned to taskbar.

No consistency

This has only started happening in the last 2 weeks.

scps67, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar - Similar Threads - Icon doesn't stay

2. Taskbar Doesn't Retain Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Doesn't Retain Pin: I have an App Twitter pinned to my taskbar. The taskbar is locked. Yet if I quit the app, it disappears from the taskbar, and I have to launch it for Start agin and try to pin it to the taskbar....
  3. Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar: I am having an issue whereby the last few apps I installed in my laptop don't stay pinned to the taskbar anymore. The worst offender is the Windows 10 Twitter app. The others I can live without always being pinned there, but I use Twitter a lot. Basically I pin it to the...
  4. File explorer window doesn't stay with pinned taskbar icon

File explorer window doesn't stay with pinned taskbar icon: I'm not sure if anyone is having issues with this or if there's another thread about it... When I click the pinned taskbar icon for the File Explorer, it opens a File Explorer window but not on the actual pinned icon. The window will be on the far right of the taskbar, as if...
  5. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  6. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access: I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They...
  7. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  8. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  9. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  10. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office not staying pinned to task bar

2. my app wont stay pinned to the taskbar

3. multitasking icon missing on taskbar

4. 1 microsoft add multitasking to taskbar,
  5. put multitasking icon on taskbar,
  6. wont stay pinned to taskbar