Windows 10: Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

Discus and support Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image. [img] You can see the icon is correct in the properties window. [img] This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spysmily1, Aug 26, 2016.

1. spysmily1 Win User

Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer

The icon for cmd.exe is a blank file as in the image.

Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer [​IMG]

You can see the icon is correct in the properties window.

This is a recent clean install of windows about a week ago. Not sure when they changed but I do remember having the icon correct after the initial install. I've followed the instructions to rebuild icon cache for Windows 10 at http://www.howtogeek.com/232779/how-...in-windows-10/. It did not work.

Any suggestions would be great.

:)

spysmily1, Aug 26, 2016

2. Medical DVD

Thank you for the reply. A screen shows 'run autorun.bat' or open folder to view files (file explorer) or take no action.
    The first two show a blank black screen except for No viewer was found. Quit. top of screen says sys 32/cmd.exe.

Nothing works.

DiannaGiardino, Aug 26, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

You could try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt.

Steve C, Aug 27, 2016
  5. spysmily1 Win User
    Seemed like it worked Steve. Didn't think it would but thanks for the suggestion.

spysmily1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icon for cmd.exe blank in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Icon cmd exe

2. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  3. unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to access .CMD and .EXE files from explorer on external drives.: I opened up my system today only to discover that i am unable to access any of my programs i have installed on external drives. the drives themselves are being detected and by windows, and are being assigned a drive letter, but if i try and open a program from explorer, I get...
  4. File Explorer is Blank????

File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  5. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  6. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  7. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon: [img] Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon cache, and clearing explorer history. The problem remains having done the anniversary upgrade. This used to...
  10. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226