Windows 10: Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

Discus and support Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesLeelayuvat, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied data onto my new account without the corrupted file. It worked fine for a while but now the problem came back. Any idea what is wrong? Pictures posted. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear 09024599-c7f6-4888-8388-76d45cb52f6d?upload=true.jpg Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear b37cebfb-0c86-4d87-b795-7c54f6da4203?upload=true.jpg

:)

JamesLeelayuvat, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Feb 2, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear prob.jpg

psyko12, Feb 2, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

1. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear - Similar Threads - Icon Default Apps

2. How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu: When I turnoff my internet, the icons disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icon-disappeared-in-start-menu/ffc12f91-fd9d-4a3f-8a85-6e1f422e592e
  3. Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu: As shown in picture, all exe applications excluding those from Microsoft store disappears on start menu. Even disappear in all Apps. I have tried some methods such as sfc/scannow, delete iconcache create another user account etc., but none of them work so far.Anyone has...
  4. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  5. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture: This started a few days ago and I have tried numerous fixes including deleting the IconCache.db file. Running .bat files and refreshing, terminating the apps. I can't seem to fix it. Here's how it looks.[ATTACH]...
  6. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  7. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default/Stock Start Menu Apps: Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts. apps.batapp packages.bat I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new...
  8. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  9. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  10. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451