Windows 10: Icon image is not displaying

Discus and support Icon image is not displaying in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar. Please help me for the same. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tiru.m, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Tiru.m Win User

Icon image is not displaying

hi,

i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar.

Please help me for the same.

Icon image is not displaying 2432d273-268a-4c32-95a4-608cf25ca023?upload=true.jpg

:)

Tiru.m, Apr 25, 2019

2. Icons not displaying

A while ago the icons for certain types of images began to not display in detail, list, or small icons view. Instead they simply display as a weird folder with 4 squares in the upper right corner, seen to the right >
    Icon image is not displaying 55bd7c98-d5d1-4bcb-b7cf-89235b0a6740.png

This isn't exactly a terrible issue, but it is quite ugly compared to what it should be. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache manually, and that did not help.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Connor Watson, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Icon image is not displaying

How do you display images on folder icons

Hi Robert (again),

My earlier reply was based on my experience with the icon creator I used several years ago; it would convert images to icons but was slow and cumbersome to use. Since posting my earlier reply I spent a while following up your suggestions. After trying
    several icon editors I had a very positive outcome.

icoconverter.com - is free and does the job quickly and easily. The only drawbacks are:

• The image needs to be square to start with, otherwise the icon is distorted by being forced into a square.
    • The image needs to be less than 4MB.
    • The default setting on the converter only gives small icons - but there are tick-boxes to select larger icons.

WildManOfBorneo, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Icon image is not displaying

1. Icon image is not displaying - Similar Threads - Icon image displaying

2. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  3. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image: When creating a shortcut of a jpg file like "test.jpg" that exists in a local folder like c:\temp, then the shortcut shows the image as thumbnail a smaller image representing the original image. This is fine.When this "test.jpg" is copied to a OneDrive folder and a shortcut...
  4. Image Shortcuts in OneDrive not displaying image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Embed Image Not Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embed Image Not Display: Hi Everyone. I'm having embedded image LOGO in autocad format error paintbrush image. It shows BLANK WHITE in windows 11. BUT it don't have problem in windows 10. Here is my case : Microsoft Support [Case #:1033304061] - paintbrush image error.They reply to revert back to...
  6. Windows 10 display bug icone, image and character missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 display bug icone, image and character missing: Hello, I have a problem with my installation of windows it's the second time it arrived - Last time, I restore with Acronis. Suddenly some software don't show all the windows, don't less me click on there option my antivirus software, the explorer don't show the icone etc......
  7. Is there any way to display a preview image on the new folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to display a preview image on the new folder icon?: [ATTACH] Preview image is more helpful in identifying the folders than title text for me, why did devs remove this feature and make the folder icon just dull yellow chunk? Please someone tell the devs to make folder's preview image back!...
  8. Issue with displaying icon's images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with displaying icon's images: Hello there, I've recently run into this issue with my icons. Their images aren't appearing normally now and instead look like this: [ATTACH] Does anyone know the cause of this and how I might be able to fix this? Thanks!...
  9. How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to always display Images as Large icons, and always display Image Dimension on mouse over ?: Hello, I am using Windows 10. When using Explorer for Images, I would like two things : - always display Images as "Large icons" - on such Large icons mouse over, always display Image Dimension I managed to make such display temporarily, but I did not manage to keep it as...
  10. Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.: Hello all, Just recently I noticed that a few of my programs are not displaying the icon image in the taskbar when the program is running. All I see is a generic file image. If I pin the program to the taskbar the correct image is displayed. The desktop app is also...