Windows 10: Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.

Discus and support Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Just recently I noticed that a few of my programs are not displaying the icon image in the taskbar when the program is running. All I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsecor, May 19, 2019.

1. Tsecor Win User

Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running.

Hello all,

Just recently I noticed that a few of my programs are not displaying the icon image in the taskbar when the program is running. All I see is a generic file image. If I pin the program to the taskbar the correct image is displayed. The desktop app is also displaying the correct image. I am curious to how to fix this. I have been searching online but have not found a correct solution to my specific issue. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached an image to show the issue. Thanks!

Note: This is on Windows 10.

:)

Tsecor, May 19, 2019

2. Trying to remove program icons displaying on Windows 10 taskbar

On the right side of my taskbar icons of programs installed on my PC display. There is a '>>' marker which, if I click it, will display a larger, longer pop up list of the rest of the programs.

Is there any way to make these icons disappear on the taskbar? It would be OK to retain the '>>' marker. But I'd like the 10 or so icons not to display if possible.

R Silverstein, May 19, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 19, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Icon image not displayed in taskbar for a program that is running. - Similar Threads - Icon image displayed

2. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  3. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  4. program displays on half the image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program displays on half the image: When program is started in Windows 10. Program only diplays half the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-displays-on-half-the-image/ec610b24-d2ec-46a0-92c7-6e0de8e73d96
  5. Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.: Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self filling the task bar. The shortcut settings pass any parameters to the program when started. I have read a lot about this and...
  6. How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?: By right-clicking a program icon in the taskbar, right-clicking the name of the program in the pop-up, selecting "Properties" then "Change Icon" I was able to change the icon in the taskbar as long as the program isn't running. However, as soon as I start the program the icon...
  7. How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?: By right-clicking a program icon in the taskbar, right-clicking the name of the program in the pop-up, selecting "Properties" then "Change Icon" I was able to change the icon in the taskbar as long as the program isn't running. However, as soon as I start the program the icon...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. Icon image is not displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon image is not displaying: hi, i'm using Lenovo flex 5 , icon image is not displaying on the taskbar. Please help me for the same. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-image-is-not-displaying/a4bbd03b-c42a-43f6-9c1e-36b799961465
  10. Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar: Hi Guys, I have Firefox pinned to my taskbar, but when I run the program, it opens up another icon in the taskbar to indicate that it's running. The other browser I use does not do that. In fact, I do not remember Firefox doing that previously. It will just "underscores"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar 2012 no programs displayed