Windows 10: Icon images gone from specific account

Discus and support Icon images gone from specific account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI created a new local user account on my laptop that I had recently upgraded to win11 without any issues, and on that account all the icon images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OlleKohanovskij, May 24, 2022.

1. Icon images gone from specific account

HelloI created a new local user account on my laptop that I had recently upgraded to win11 without any issues, and on that account all the icon images were just gone. My two other accounts one local and one local admin worked absolutely fine. It was not that the icons were not there, they just had no image. So on the dektop it was just the filenames. In the Windows file explorer all the icon/category images were gone as well icon for "this PC", icon for "folder", "documents", "desktop" you get the idea.I tried restarting the file explorer and everything in this guide apart from updating/r

:)

OlleKohanovskij, May 24, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 24, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 24, 2022
  4. Icon images gone from specific account

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Icon images gone from specific account

1. Icon images gone from specific account - Similar Threads - Icon images gone

2. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  3. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  4. Icon images gone from specific account

Icon images gone from specific account: HelloI created a new local user account on my laptop that I had recently upgraded to win11 without any issues, and on that account all the icon images were just gone. My two other accounts one local and one local admin worked absolutely fine. It was not that the icons were...
  5. Account gone from list in netplwiz

Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  6. Account gone from list in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  7. battery icon gone from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery icon gone from taskbar: Hello, My battery icon that used to be on my taskbar is gone. I already tried going to taskbar settings > notification area > and turning on the power icon.It is turned on but I still don't have the icon. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it ?...
  8. Picture View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon

Picture View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  9. Pictures View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon

Pictures View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  10. Icons are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are gone: Idk why but my computer icons are gone in my taskbar could you please help me fix this. https://gyazo.com/021507abdbe1d42f89104c0f23fe88ab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-gone/d570cfa1-dd36-4e99-8896-fccbe179f3bc