Windows 10: Icon Images too small

Discus and support Icon Images too small in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My icons recently became much too small. I am at 125% zoom but before they scaled correctly. Its only system things too (only happening to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/slimegolem, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Icon Images too small

/u/slimegolem, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Icon Images too small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 14, 2021
  3. JimParis Win User
    Icon Image too small

Michael, I did resize using the features shown in the link. I use the "medium" sizing, large is too big to fit my icons and shortcuts on my desktop. I snipped a screenshot showing how the images in the icons are too small to see but don't know how to
    upload it to you. Tried emailing it to microsoftanswers but it kicked back to me. Let me know how to get the screenshot to you. JP

JimParis, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Icon Images too small

Icon Image too small

Hi JP,

For us to isolate the issue in resizing your desktop icons, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "I increased the size of the icons", did you follow the resize desktop icons steps in this
      link?
    • Send us as screenshot of your desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Icon Images too small

1. Icon Images too small - Similar Threads - Icon Images too

2. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  3. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  8. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small: I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images inside the MS Office icon boxes are too small to see. I increased the size of the icons but regardless the size, the image...
  9. Ssd too small for system image.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Ssd too small for system image.: I have an old computer running Win 10 Pro. I noticed I was getting disk errors so I ordered a new 120GB SSD to replace it. I was going to do one of three things. Option 1. Insert new drive and use 3rd party software to clone the drive with the OS Option 2. Make a system image...
  10. Ssd too small for system image.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ssd too small for system image.: I have an old computer running Win 10 Pro. I noticed I was getting disk errors so I ordered a new 120GB SSD to replace it. I was going to do one of three things. Option 1. Insert new drive and use 3rd party software to clone the drive with the OS Option 2. Make a system image...