Windows 10: Icon in Action center hiding

Discus and support Icon in Action center hiding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ali Al Turki, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Icon in Action center hiding

Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear

:)

Ali Al Turki, Apr 8, 2022
  2. ADTC Win User

How to hide (but keep enabled) Action Center icon from the taskbar

I am using Windows 10, and normally in recent Windows versions, I can hide system icons as well as app icons in the notification area (previously known as system tray). A little triangle button appears when icons are hidden, which I can click to reveal them in a small fly-out menu.

With Windows 10, there's a new feature called Action Center, which I find is quite handy and useful, as it collects notifications unlike Windows 7, where it used to be dismissed and lost automatically. My gripe is that Windows 10 developers did not integrate the Action Center icon with the icon hiding mechanisms applied to other system icons like Power, Network, Volume etc.

I looked online, and I find a lot of guides and hacks to remove Action Center icon from the taskbar or disable Action Center icon itself. But nothing so far on just hiding the icon.

To recap:

• I don't want to remove the Action Center icon completely from the taskbar.
    • I don't want to disable the Action Center feature.
    • I just want to hide the icon from the taskbar, so that it goes into the fly-out menu of hidden icons.
      • This would normally be done in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" but Action Center is not in the list.

Is this possible? How can I do it?

I'm also willing to try a third party application (AutoHotkey doing Win-A*, maybe?) that will sit in the tray (with the same icon) that will pull up the Action Center pane, so that I can just disable the system icon for Action Center (under "Turn system icons on or off").*

* Apparently this wouldn't work because disabling the system icon also makes it impossible to reach Action Center using the keyboard shortcut. It appears that it disables the Action Center itself.

ADTC, Apr 8, 2022
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Apr 8, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Icon in Action center hiding

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

Icon in Action center hiding

1. Icon in Action center hiding - Similar Threads - Icon Action center

2. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  3. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  4. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  5. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  6. Hide Action Center in Win10, v1903

Hide Action Center in Win10, v1903: This is an UPDATED version of how to hide the action center in Win10, v1903. 1- Right click on the taskbar and click Taskbar Settings. [ATTACH] 2- Scroll down to "Turn System Icons on or off" and click it. [ATTACH] 3- Find Action Center and turn it off....
  7. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  8. Bluetooth Action Center icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Action Center icon: The Bluetooth icon is on in my Action Center but my computer does not have Bluetooth. This is interfering with my Wi-Fi speed. How do I turn off the icon when I do not even have Bluetooth capability on my computer? 41882
  9. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...
  10. Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon: How to: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon Turn On or Off Show Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from...