Windows 10: icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it?

Discus and support icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I visited pages around Google Developers Blog: Introducing Learn, your key to unlocking Google’s educational content for developers And now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erhy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Erhy Win User

icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it?

Erhy, Oct 5, 2020

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 5, 2020
  4. icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it?

1. icon in foreground stays visible, how to remove it? - Similar Threads - icon foreground stays

2. How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep the taskbar icons visible? Windows 10: When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects until I move the mouse away. With the present settings the icons hides after a second or two....
  3. How to remove icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove icons: Hey I have a lot of icons of like games files and stuff and I would like to remove them from the desktop without deleting the whole app. submitted by /u/AweCookies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i69cf0/how_to_remove_icons/
  4. Astrill window stays in foreground

Astrill window stays in foreground: My Astrill window displays in foreground, even if when I am typing into another application, how do I get it running like other applications, and display behind other applications when not in focus? Many thx in advance!...
  5. Software shortcuts icons not visible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software shortcuts icons not visible: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Home x64 version 1909 on my gaming laptop. When I installed Steam and many games, all of them have icons on shortcuts. But when I installed Windows 7's Move Maker and Bandicam both don't have their icons on shortcuts. Both programs were installed...
  6. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  7. How to remove arrow icons on file icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove arrow icons on file icons: Yesterday, these icons started to appear on my files. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-arrow-icons-on-file-icons/083a0ea5-3b3e-43e7-998b-f74239d0adfa"
  8. How to remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove hidden icons: ok so i have googled this problem but all i can find is several different links on how to choose what icons that appeasr on your taskbar and thats not what i wanna do. i wanna close down or at least hide the programs that i have in my hidden icons area how do i do that?...
  9. Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode

Taskbar stays visible while in full-screen mode: While running full screen games, videos, etc, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen remains visible. This issue has occurred ever since I got my new computer, which came with a clean version of Windows 10. I have not experienced this issue with previous computers. I'm...
  10. System Icons Description is not visible.

System Icons Description is not visible.: [img] When I mouse over to the system icons, they usually show the description of the system icons. For example, when I mouse over to the Wi-Fi icon, the connected wifi name would pop-up in a description box. or if I mouse over to the speaker, it would show 'sound'...