Windows 10: Icon keeps changing

Discus and support Icon keeps changing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use white/silver icons on my taskbar for my programs. I changed the Edge icon to a silver one, and pinned it to the bar. However, every time I open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BigSarge72, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Icon keeps changing

I use white/silver icons on my taskbar for my programs. I changed the Edge icon to a silver one, and pinned it to the bar. However, every time I open Edge, it changes back to the default icon. When I look at the shortcut, it still looks silver. Does anyone know how to make the one on the taskbar stay changed?

:)

BigSarge72, Feb 21, 2021

2. My icons keep changing, why?

For some (very odd) reason, my icons keep changing from one to another. Sometimes the IE icon has the Windows Media player icon and vice verse.

I have run ESET since I thought it to be a virus.. It's not. Could it be that my HDD is losing it?

TechnicalFreak, Feb 21, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Icon keeps changing ;)

qubit, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Icon keeps changing

list of available icons keeps changing

When I attempt to change a shortcut's icon I get a list of icons but the list is not always the same.

Sometimes an icon that I want to use is not shown yet I know it exists as it does show at other times. What can I do so that all existing icons would show up in the list of icons.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

Thanks

George

George Sirk, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Icon keeps changing

1. Icon keeps changing - Similar Threads - Icon keeps changing

2. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon arrows keep changing: Windows 10 keep changing my desktop icons, it is placing various symbols in the icon short cut arrow area. I've seen a dot, arrow, what looks like a file box with a brown square and other symbols. If I refresh the desktop the icons go back to my default of no arrow. I'm...
  3. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon arrows keep changing: Windows 10 keep changing my desktop icons, it is placing various symbols in the icon short cut arrow area. I've seen a dot, arrow, what looks like a file box with a brown square and other symbols. If I refresh the desktop the icons go back to my default of no arrow. I'm...
  4. Icon arrows keep changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions

Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions: Hey, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 20H2. After this, all my desktop icons keep changing position whenever I refresh or restart my laptop. What's the permanent solution to this. I have tried options offered on other Windows' discussion fora without any positive...
  6. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  7. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  8. Windows Store Icon keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Icon keeps changing: Does anyone else have this store Icon? [img] 96685
  9. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...
  10. Shortcut icons keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons keep changing: Shortcuts used to be indicated by a fairly unobtrusive arrow in the corner. A few days ago they changed to an overly visible white arrow in a green circle in the lower middle of the program icon. Then they changed to a gray X in the corner. Now they're back to the arrow in...