Windows 10: Icon labels

Discus and support Icon labels in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set ALL icon labels (including desktop icon labels) to a larger size and bold. How is this done?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Icon labels

I want to set ALL icon labels (including desktop icon labels) to a larger size and bold. How is this done?

:)

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Dec 4, 2019

2. app icons

For this issue, it is possible that the drop shadow of the desktop icon labels is enabled. We suggest that you follow these steps to disable this feature:

• Right-click This PC in File Explorer, and choose
      Properties.
    • Choose Advanced system settings.
    • Click Settings in Performance.
    • In Visual Effects settings, deselect Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop, and then tap
      OK.

About the issue with the Start menu, we suggest that you run the
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Dec 4, 2019
  3. JaneHood Win User
    Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck.

The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture.

Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless.

JaneHood, Dec 4, 2019
  4. pmene Win User

Icon labels

Windows 10 wrong label/name on Settings icon in Start Menu

Yes, I tried the troubleshooting steps and no luck. There has to be an easy way to change the name/label of the icon.

pmene, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Icon labels

1. Icon labels - Similar Threads - Icon labels

2. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  3. OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has shifted labels for icons in File Explorer: Hello,I'm having a really hard time trying find the right words to find answers for this situation...I've got OneDrive running, but ever since having it, the labels for the icons in File Explorer have all shifted as a result of some of the folders not being synced to...
  4. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  5. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  6. How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.: Using Windows 10 Somehow, I don't remember how or where, I must have told Windows 10 that I wanted labels to appear next to some of the icons in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I have searched Windows Help for various options with the words "labels" and "taskbar"...
  7. Icon label background color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon label background color: Hello, I am trying to make my computer look like an older version of Windows but I can't find any information online on how to change the icon label background color. Does anyone know how to do this?...
  8. Icon label background color

Icon label background color: Hello, I am trying to make my computer look like an older version of Windows but I can't find any information online on how to change the icon label background color. Does anyone know how to do this?...
  9. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  10. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...