Windows 10: icon limitations in windows 10 home edition

Discus and support icon limitations in windows 10 home edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made an icon as a gif as some of it is see thru, then online converted it to icon. This will be a desktop link to a folder, there will be several.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anon125, Nov 3, 2019.

1. anon125 Win User

icon limitations in windows 10 home edition

I made an icon as a gif as some of it is see thru, then online converted it to icon.
    This will be a desktop link to a folder, there will be several.
    What are the limitations set by ms for desktop icons?
    Size? Etc height? Width?
    Thanks all

:)

anon125, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Mysticode Win User

Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Nov 3, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Nov 3, 2019
  4. icon limitations in windows 10 home edition

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

icon limitations in windows 10 home edition

1. icon limitations in windows 10 home edition - Similar Threads - icon limitations home

2. Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Edition: Please how can i map a shared folder on another computer running windows 8.1 on my windows 10Home? is it practically impossible? I have done everything humanly possible..But it keeps telling me username and password are incorrect which is not true. And the same mapping worked...
  3. Windows 10 Chinese Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Chinese Home edition: We have installed Windows 10 Chinese Home edition on one of our computers to test our app. I have an MSDN subscription which offers product keys for hundreds of versions of windows, but not that one. How can we activate that windows installation ?...
  4. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home edition: I am using an Intel Compute Stick that is running Windows 10 Home Edition for a monitor that needs to be on 24/7. How can I disable the auto log off or auto lock? I have turned off screen saver and changed power options to never turn off, however after a few hours, the...
  5. Windows 10 Home edition.

Windows 10 Home edition.: I'm BILLY GEE, I have had a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I don't remember if I activated during installation, Since then I have upgraded to V 1803 OS Build 17134.1 KB4284848. I now experience a couple of problems:- 1. It now tells me I am missing some...
  6. Not Booting to Windows 10 Home Edition

Not Booting to Windows 10 Home Edition: Hello all, I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop. The computer came with Windows 8.1 64 bit Home edition OS. I later downloaded Windows 10 to the computer. I always powered down the computer through the start menu. The computer no longer boots to Windows. There were no...
  7. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...
  8. Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection

Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection: Hello everyone, I've been reading through several threads on here trying ideas previously listed, but have had no luck. So, my wireless router went out on me yesterday during a thunderstorm, which I replaced today. My desktop will not connect to the wireless network at...
  9. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....
  10. Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon overlay limit in windows 10?: As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10? Reference: Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons 7177