Windows 10: Icon location

Discus and support Icon location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some programs make their folders with a picture ,where are the icon location of this folders? if i try to change icon in properties and that show me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SergeyProfile, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Icon location

Some programs make their folders with a picture ,where are the icon location of this folders? if i try to change icon in properties and that show me %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll, but where is actual ican location?

Icon location f41402ef-e60d-4cf3-9377-805d23c7e177?upload=true.png

[Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

:)

SergeyProfile, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Location icon grayed out and not working in windows 10 creators update

We suggest that you check if the following service is enabled to activate the Location icon:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type service.msc in the Run dialog box and select
      Services.
    • Right-click on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Stop
    • Once done, right-click again on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Start.
    • If the service is enabled, try disabling and re-enabling and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Erika Aro, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Nickynoo Win User
    Location System Icon

halasz - your first suggestion - settings > system > notifications and actions > Select which icons appear on the taskbar - location was off, Ive now turned it on.
    Your second suggestion settings > privacy > location - location was on and ive left it on.

But still - settings > system > notifications and actions > turn system icons on or off ---- the location "switch" is off and it is greyed out.

Nickynoo, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Nick89 Win User

Icon location

Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Icon location

1. Icon location - Similar Threads - Icon location

2. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  3. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  4. I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to know where the following icon is located in the Windows files: I need to know in which .dll file this icon is located on W10. It's for a class project https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-where-the-following-icon-is-located/6be83fff-a196-414c-8566-0af521515f2a
  5. icon locations not saving in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon locations not saving in windows 11: hi ive been had windows 11 for a while and never had this issue this issue started after i upgraded my laptop from 8gb to 16gb ram im not fully sure if it started right after or after some timei have tried restarting deleting icon cache updating drivers resolution turning of...
  6. icon locations not saving in windows 11

icon locations not saving in windows 11: hi ive been had windows 11 for a while and never had this issue this issue started after i upgraded my laptop from 8gb to 16gb ram im not fully sure if it started right after or after some timei have tried restarting deleting icon cache updating drivers resolution turning of...
  7. cannot delete a onedrive icon said "location is not available"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete a onedrive icon said "location is not available": Hi, could you pls instruct me on how to delete these 2 Onedrive icons/folders, I couldn't find the "delete" button, and when I click my delete button on my keyboard, it popup this note. I tried to use Power shell and restart many times but still.I want to get rid of these...
  8. cannot delete a onedrive icon said "location is not available"

cannot delete a onedrive icon said "location is not available": Hi, could you pls instruct me on how to delete these 2 Onedrive icons/folders, I couldn't find the "delete" button, and when I click my delete button on my keyboard, it popup this note. I tried to use Power shell and restart many times but still.I want to get rid of these...
  9. Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left: When the location services arrow shows up briefly in the system icons area, all the application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. This must be a Windows problem as it occurs consistently across four entirely different computers I'm using. Is there a way to stop this...
  10. Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left

Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left: When the location services arrow shows up briefly in the system icons area, all the application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. This must be a Windows problem as it occurs consistently across four entirely different computers I'm using. Is there a way to stop this...