Windows 10: Icon missing in tray

Discus and support Icon missing in tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaurensiusYansen, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Icon missing in tray

My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I switch the laptop back on. I believe I have followed all the guidance on keeping it permanent, but it doesn't work at all

:)

LaurensiusYansen, Dec 12, 2018

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Dec 12, 2018
  3. missing icon

Hi Pam,

You can put the icon you wish to include in your System Tray by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, then choose Settings.
    • Click the Select which icons appear on the taskbar under the
      Notification area.
    • Toggle to ON the program you wish to appear in the System Tray.

Let us know what happens after following the above steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Icon missing in tray

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Icon missing in tray

1. Icon missing in tray - Similar Threads - Icon missing tray

2. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  3. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  4. Tray icons missing after locking PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icons missing after locking PC.: Several tray icons vanish after locking my PC. By this I mean going to Start->"User Name"->Lock. It does have to be locked for a certain amount of time for this to happen but I don't know how long. There may be another another trigger for this behavior as well. I think that...
  5. Taskbar icons tray is missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons tray is missing.: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  6. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  7. battery icon missing from system tray

battery icon missing from system tray: I jjusst noticed that my battery icon is missing from the system tray in windows 10. this has never happend before. How do i get it back? this windows 10. I have never had any problems with icons in the system tray If i cick on the "hide" arrow, it shows but i'd like to...
  8. Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?: [ATTACH] Lost my icons today and can't figure out why ... or how to even get them back. Also I noticed that when I go to "Turn System Icons on of off they are grey out and I can't change them with the exception of the clock. Anyone have any insight on how to fix these...
  9. Battery on system tray, icon missing

Battery on system tray, icon missing: Battery icon missing on system tray randomly shows up then disappears again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-on-system-tray-icon-missing/20a9815b-0d1d-4cb5-b224-cc900a2c93ba
  10. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...