Windows 10: icon missing in windows search results

Discus and support icon missing in windows search results in Cortana to solve the problem; hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by cyang000, May 30, 2021.

1. cyang000 Win User

icon missing in windows search results

hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not pre-installed windows appssuch as photos, weather, this pc please help.

:)

cyang000, May 30, 2021

2. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

I get the same issue as described here App icons missing in start menu search results

To reproduce it I

1. Open Start menu
    2. Type an app name (UWP app only)
    3. Look at the search results

Consistently, UWP apps have no icons in the search results while W32 or x64 apps do.

I have already attempted to :

- Flush icon cache (as described in the linked post above)

- Repair app store

- SFC /Scannow

- DISM /Repairhealth

- Restore/Reset individual apps

And none of them worked.

So Please, do not claim this question if you have not experienced this and fixed it yourself.

Thank you very much

Chris Giroux Esq., May 30, 2021
  3. Missing/broken icons in search results

icon missing in windows search results d7b78c23-559f-44ce-a05e-40c35ffa8a4b?upload=true.png

Hello community!

I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab.

The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps (office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others), but also some third-party programs.

I have had this problem since the Windows May 2019 Update (reverting to the previous version had no effect) and I still have it after updating to the November 2019 version. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592.

I have tried without result the following:

• Search and Indexing troubleshooter
    • Restart Windows Search
    • Reset Windows Search PowerShell script (here)
    • Deleted and rebuilt indexing database
    • Deleted and rebuilt icon cache (example here)
    Needless to say that I would like to avoid having to reset or reinstall Windows.

Is there something else I can try to get back my icons?

Thank you!

leocencetti, May 30, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. icon missing in windows search results - Similar Threads - icon missing search

2. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu: If I scroll down the list of all installed apps on the start menu there is a Microsoft Store entry with the expected briefcase. But if I type "st" then it searches and I get the Microsoft Store entry at the top, as an app, and the icon is the missing image thing. The white...
  3. Missing icons in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Missing icons in Windows Search: HiI am facing this issue from a few weeks.When I search something using the Windows+S search bar, the icon of the app isn't shown.Here's a screenshot:This is not for just one app. It's for all.One thing I noticed that this is only for apps downloaded from the Microsoft...
  4. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  5. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  6. Windows search missing results

in Cortana
    Windows search missing results: Hello, I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not. I have already done the following. 1 Cleared and...
  7. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  8. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

in Cortana
    MS Store apps icons are missing in search results: I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-missing-in-start-menu-search-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d To reproduce it I Open Start menu Type an app name (UWP app only) Look at the search results...
  9. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  10. Windows search misses really obvious results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search misses really obvious results: Consider an example directory containing: IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0210.JPG Some_PDF-numKK.pdf If I want to find the pdf, and happen to remember that it had "numKK" in the filename, I might reasonably search "numKK" and expect to find it. In practice though, this will return 0...