Windows 10: Icon of a folder looks small

Discus and support Icon of a folder looks small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've created a new folder and assigned it an ico picture, as I do with all my folders. For some reason, the picture shows smaller than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andiemb42, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Andiemb42 Win User

Icon of a folder looks small

Hello,

I've created a new folder and assigned it an ico picture, as I do with all my folders. For some reason, the picture shows smaller than the rest as you can see, it doesn't cover the whole folder, but it shows little in the centre. I've tried converting the jpg picture to ico in several sites, but I can't solve the problem. Any help will be welcome!

Icon of a folder looks small 4bc6b12a-6d69-47eb-a5a3-31a5776846ba?upload=true.jpg

:)

Andiemb42, Apr 12, 2021
  2. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Icon of a folder looks small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Icon of a folder looks small

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Icon of a folder looks small :D

PVTCaboose1337, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Icon of a folder looks small

1. Icon of a folder looks small - Similar Threads - Icon folder looks

2. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small white rectangle below folder icons: I've tried restarting my pc, updating my windows 10 version and looking it up on youtube but cant seem to find anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-white-rectangle-below-folder-icons/6798729b-5a4b-4f4a-8da4-1f8abad8399b
  3. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small white rectangle below folder icons: I've tried restarting my pc, updating my windows 10 version and looking it up on youtube but cant seem to find anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-white-rectangle-below-folder-icons/6798729b-5a4b-4f4a-8da4-1f8abad8399b
  4. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. weird looking folder icons, windows 10

weird looking folder icons, windows 10: my power went out yesterday, and when i turned on my pc, the folders on my desktop looked like this still do anyone know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-looking-folder-icons-windows-10/e7618c5b-a717-4594-ae07-a2b9c9af215b
  6. Small white rectangle below folder icons

Small white rectangle below folder icons: I noticed there are small white rectangles covering part of the folder icon, how do I get rid of it? I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and it still didn't work....
  7. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small white rectangle below folder icons: I noticed there are small white rectangles covering part of the folder icon, how do I get rid of it? I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and it still didn't work....
  8. Small white rectangle below folder icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?: [ATTACH] I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and ever since, my notifications in action center for some reason have a small icon above them and look different. Here is how discord looks normally vs how mine looks:...
  10. Whats with this weird looking folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats with this weird looking folder icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodudetheboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g327py/whats_with_this_weird_looking_folder_icon/