Windows 10: icon on desktop that i cant remove

Discus and support icon on desktop that i cant remove in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; on my desktop, a "downloads - shortcut" icon just showed up randomly and I cant delete it. it tells me that it isnt on my desktop and to verify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haloha_x, Aug 13, 2020.

1. icon on desktop that i cant remove

on my desktop, a "downloads - shortcut" icon just showed up randomly and I cant delete it. it tells me that it isnt on my desktop and to verify the file location. dragging it to the recycle bin just doesnt do anything. How do I get rid of it?

submitted by /u/haloha_x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haloha_x, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

icon on desktop that i cant remove

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown icon on desktop that i cant remove :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

icon on desktop that i cant remove

1. icon on desktop that i cant remove - Similar Threads - icon desktop cant

2. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  3. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  4. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    url is on my desktop and i cant remove it: hii was on windows and i am not sure how i was reading from a page for 3d software and i think what happen was i had to many tabs open one got dragged in back of the other tabs and ended up on my desk top Internet Shortcut .URL i can move it all over the screen and cant...
  5. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    url is on my desktop and i cant remove it: hii was on windows and i am not sure how i was reading from a page for 3d software and i think what happen was i had to many tabs open one got dragged in back of the other tabs and ended up on my desk top Internet Shortcut .URL i can move it all over the screen and cant...
  6. url is on my desktop and i cant remove it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cant get Icons on desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant get Icons on desktop: Hello, So I have recently built my own pc and went to go download stuff from the Microsoft store. I was able to download stuff like Forza 4 and MSI dragon center. The thing is when I downloaded those programs they never gave me an icon on my desktop. to be able to play Forza...
  8. My sound icon shows up on my desktop and cant remove.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My sound icon shows up on my desktop and cant remove.: Hello, all of a sudden my desktop is displaying the sound bar volume adjuster on top of everything. located on top left corner of screen. i can adjust the volume down on it but it automatically goes back up... tried removing the task bar sound bar option just in case, does...
  9. Desktop icons randomly removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons randomly removed?: https://imgur.com/a/D4CUM90 (sorry if this is the wrong sub) Today, when I booted up my PC, a bunch of desktop icons were missing. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/CraftyTim [link] [comments]...
  10. desktop icons safely remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons safely remove: What happens when I remove an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-safely-remove/53e04827-891e-43d4-bf05-d7589bb7b734