Windows 10: Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

Discus and support Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I suddenly see a microphone icon that is flashing on my screen. I am using a Lenovo laptop. I tried disabling the mic, since I hardly ever used it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LillianBarnes, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

I suddenly see a microphone icon that is flashing on my screen. I am using a Lenovo laptop. I tried disabling the mic, since I hardly ever used it but that did nothing. It is interfering with my ability to play some games. I do not have an Xbox or other gaming system. This icon keeps flashing on and off. Please help!

:)

LillianBarnes, Jun 7, 2020

2. Thin Flashing White Line

Hi Austin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Have you installed all pending updates on the system?
    I suggest you to update your Display drivers and check if the issue is resolved. You can refer the below steps to update the driver software.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I request you to send us the screen shot of the flashing line for us to understand the issue better.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back you us with the required details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 7, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

The Mic icon is not visible in the Cortana search line. The Mic works OK in Skype

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The Mic icon is not visible in the Cortana search line. The Mic works OK in Skype. Can anybody please help

Original Title : Cortana

Chris Hallows, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

1. Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it. - Similar Threads - Icon screen flashing

2. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  3. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  4. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen: Can;t move it, remove it, clicking on it does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-square-icon-with-circle-and-line-through-the/c247618f-1945-4820-a30d-d099345a3844
  6. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen: Can;t move it, remove it, clicking on it does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-square-icon-with-circle-and-line-through-the/c247618f-1945-4820-a30d-d099345a3844
  7. small square icon with circle and line through the circle on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  9. Audio Through Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Through Mic: When using my mic people can hear my pc audio such as music and games this occurs in all games, calls, meetings. I have seen multiple methods but none have worked even when I mute my headset my computer audio still plays through my mic. How can I fix this...
  10. Screen Flashes adding icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flashes adding icons: I am getting a screen flash every 5 minutes(exactly). Each time it flashes it adds another icon to the Taskbar. The icon's are a blue hexagon with a white letter N. Hovering on the icons removes them Event Viewer tells me the source is .Net Runtime Event ID 1022 and the...