Windows 10: Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

Discus and support Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I do not know why it is like this but icon that are not the original that come with programs look much smaller on the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShakedBenratzon, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

Hello everyone,

I do not know why it is like this but icon that are not the original that come with programs look much smaller on the taskbar

and yes I am sure I download the icon at the maximum size 512 if I am not wrong and checked it on several computers

here a picture to demonstrate:

Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller... [​IMG]

here is the site with the icon:
    http://www.iconarchive.com/show/metr...aint-icon.html

from a test I did the icon on my taskbar show with 24 pixel size when it should be 32 pixel and I just do not know how to fix it

:)

ShakedBenratzon, Feb 23, 2016

2. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

I found that I could drag taskbar icons to a new location within the visible taskbar but could not drag an icon to the previous or next "page" of the taskbar until I changed the screen resolution to smaller so I could see all or most of the taskbar icons,
    then could drag them into position & then change the screen resolution back to "normal" size.

PEGGYBIEBL, Feb 23, 2016
  3. How do I restore the date and time ...

Go To Settings>Personalization>Taskbar and click 'Turn system icons on or off'

Turn Clock slider to ON.

If the system is showing date not time, try changing the use Smaller taskbar button settings.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

Third party site with icons, yes they can be the incorrect size for whoever created them. The larger the real estate, the smaller everything gets on the screen.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    I think its an optical illusion ,the 2 you marked are round and the others are square ,I enlarged the photo and place 2 rulers across the top and bottom of the icons and the differences are minute at best ..

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

1. Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller... - Similar Threads - Icon taskbar got

2. Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged: Windows 10 1903 on a laptop. I don't recall doing anything intentionally but suddenly all the icons on my desktop have changed position and are much smaller in size. I checked Display settings and they are unchanged: (see screenshot) How can I restore the display? 139888
  3. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on the taskbar got weird.: Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and...
  4. change size of taskbar and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of taskbar and desktop icons: The icons on my desktop icons suddenly got huge and all could not fit on the screen. Simultaneously, the taskbar icons got very small. I had not done anything intentionally to cause this. I tried clicking settings I got pressing the windows button (lower lft of screen). I...
  5. Taskbar icons have changed

Taskbar icons have changed: Hi, The icons for windows store and Edge have mysteriously changed on the taskbar. The icons remain perfectly okay on the desktop and programme list but appear as tiny 'squashed' ones on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and re dragging the perfect desktop ones onto the...
  6. Icons on taskbar smaller now?

Icons on taskbar smaller now?: Hi, I'm trying to work out how to get the below icons larger: *Wink) Any suggestions? Thanks! Andy 17534
  7. Changing taskbar icons?

Changing taskbar icons?: hey everyone new to this forum and windows in general (i come from a mac and than linux background). I was wondering if its possible to change somehow the firefox and spotify icons to match those of the default windows task bar icons so it looks more uniform? in linux...
  8. Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?: Using Windows 10's Weather gadget as an example, it directly allows you to pin it to the Start Menu. But I wanted it pinned to the taskbar instead, so I managed to find the menu with all the gadges and was allowed from there to copy a shortcut to the desktop. So far so good....
  9. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  10. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...