Windows 10: Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders

Discus and support Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've downloaded the link shell extension, which among other things is supposed to show special icon overlays for hard links and symbolic links like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonaldDuck_931, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders

I've downloaded the link shell extension, which among other things is supposed to show special icon overlays for hard links and symbolic links like this:However, these icon overlays don't show in OneDrive folders that is C:\users\myname\OneDrive and its subfolders:In the FAQ of the extension I downloaded, it says that this problem might happen if there are too many icon overlays and these icon overlays aren't prioritized, and that it could be fixed by adding zeros or spaces to the beginning of the corresponding registry key name in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

:)

DonaldDuck_931, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Benji Win User

Shell Overlay Icons not showing in explorer

I ran into an very odd variant of an issue. I had a Windows program using shell overlay icons that were not appearing in windows explorer. What makes this odd is that they WERE showing in some "Save" and "Save As" dialog boxes (MS Office and Firefox), but weren't in others (Chrome). I had checked all the normal things, such as making sure the icons appeared first in the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

registry key. I looked at the WOW version as well. I even checked the DPI settings as suggested in this question: TortoiseSVN shell overlays only showing for medium and large icons in explorer

None of those worked, but I finally figured it out so I thought it would be nice to put up in case someone else is tearing their hair out over this. The system I ran into this on is Windows 10 and I haven't tested against older versions of Windows.

Benji, Jun 5, 2021
  3. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Mcd73165 Win User

Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders

OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

If this is normal then when did it change from showing the green checkmark icon overlays on the OneDrive icon itself in Windows Explorer and on the folders within OneDrive. Please look at the thread titled OneDrive which shows the picture of how it used to look. Thanks.
    Mark

Mcd73165, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders

1. Icon overlays from shell extensions not showing in OneDrive folders - Similar Threads - Icon overlays shell

2. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  3. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  4. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Overlay Icons from Shell extension not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlay Icons from Shell extension not working correctly: I have a Shell Extension which changes the overlay icons for folders and files in my app folder. On Windows 10 it works as expected but on Windows 11 they are not shown/set. I don't know if this is a known issue, but I hope someone can help :...
  6. Overlay Icons from Shell extension not working correctly

Overlay Icons from Shell extension not working correctly: I have a Shell Extension which changes the overlay icons for folders and files in my app folder. On Windows 10 it works as expected but on Windows 11 they are not shown/set. I don't know if this is a known issue, but I hope someone can help :...
  7. Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays: Hello,I am using a shell extension in Windows 10 that is setting an icon overlay on specified files. When the file has an Offline Attribute System.IO.FileAttributes, System.Runtime.dll, I am relying on the default grey cross icon from Windows for these offline...
  8. Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays

Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays: Hello,I am using a shell extension in Windows 10 that is setting an icon overlay on specified files. When the file has an Offline Attribute System.IO.FileAttributes, System.Runtime.dll, I am relying on the default grey cross icon from Windows for these offline...
  9. Overlay icons for other applications not showing in OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overlay icons for other applications not showing in OneDrive folder: Hello,I'm having an issue with OneDrive folder and TortoiseSVN overlay icons although it seems that it happens with other applications too.If I open a folder with Tortoise SVN overlay icons inside OneDrive folder, the overlay icons are not shown, and since OneDrive icons are...
  10. OneDrive overlay on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive overlay on desktop icons: I have some - not all - desktop icons that have what I think is the OneDrive overlay on them, a white circle with a tick. And, I'd like to remove the overlay. I know there are techniques for doing that, I'm just wondering why they're so hard to get rid of. The icons are all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedirve overlay icon