Windows 10: Icon placement at top to screen

Discus and support Icon placement at top to screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryBeahan, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Icon placement at top to screen

After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this?

:)

GaryBeahan, Feb 24, 2019

2. Windows Mobile top-bar symbol placement

Right, that's exactly what it does, but that goes back to my initial question of; is there a way to tweak that so the placement of those icons and the use of space up top is done in a more intelligent manner? I know one can move around the placement of a
    window in Windows 2K, XP, etc and tell it specifically where to open and how big the window should be. One can also specifically place an icon on a webpage so many pixels from left or right margin, a percentage left/right etc. Is there no way to do that
    with those little icons on the top bar?

I guess my question boils down to this. Is it hard coded in the OS, or is it something buried in registry or some .XML config I can mess with?

Rich

fractalsphere, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Icon placement at top to screen

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Icon placement at top to screen :)

Thema:

Icon placement at top to screen

1. Icon placement at top to screen - Similar Threads - Icon placement top

2. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  3. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  4. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  5. Is there a way of swapping the placement around of the top 2 buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way of swapping the placement around of the top 2 buttons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gandalfski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0v61o/is_there_a_way_of_swapping_the_placement_around/
  6. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  7. Desktop Icon at top of screen

Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...
  8. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  9. Windows 10 Icon Placement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Icon Placement: I am having trouble placing icons right above the task bar. On my screen there is about an inch or two inches worth of space between the task bar and the lowest spot on my screen I can place an icon. Is there any way to fix this? 16017
  10. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...