Windows 10: ICON PLACEMENT

Discus and support ICON PLACEMENT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimHartzell, Jul 25, 2020.

1. ICON PLACEMENT

How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer?

:)

JimHartzell, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 25, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

It will not happen if you wish to have a second desktop or expand the desktop. Also all of those icons that you have on your desktop will always change their placement and swap around. Suggest clean that up first before you decide if you want to extend the desktop or create a second desktop.

bro67, Jul 25, 2020
  4. ICON PLACEMENT

desktop icon placement

Hi RetiredMSG and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Right-click on the desktop blank area.

2. Hover to "View".

3. Uncheck the "Auto arrange icon".

4. Uncheck the "Align icons to grid".

5. Check to see whether or not the problem has been resolved.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. Marquez, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

ICON PLACEMENT

1. ICON PLACEMENT - Similar Threads - ICON PLACEMENT

2. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  3. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  4. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.: Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail....
  6. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.: Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail....
  7. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  8. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  9. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  10. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...