Windows 10: Icon Previews

Discus and support Icon Previews in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey people, there are some technical issues that I need to solve. My icon images do not come up at all anywhere. Like this: [ATTACH] The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MZayn, Feb 12, 2020.

1. MZayn Win User

Icon Previews

Hey people, there are some technical issues that I need to solve. My icon images do not come up at all anywhere.

Like this:

Icon Previews 60b0bced-cbb5-4a06-8d59-216736c2fa04?upload=true.jpg

The same thing happens everywhere: Icon Previews 5b35490e-6fa2-48e1-9833-a760badba87e?upload=true.jpg

Can someone please help?

:)

MZayn, Feb 12, 2020

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Icon Previews

Using File explorer can stop given preview

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Preview pane.

If the issue still persists,

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Folder options.
    • Under View tab, check the option for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Icon Previews

1. Icon Previews - Similar Threads - Icon Previews

2. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?: Hi, this is CHrles from Web Host Pro again.We have an icon preview set on our Windows 10 computers but some of the preview icons like NotePad look messy. However, being able to preview images is very helpful.Can we disable icon preview on certain file types, but keep icon...
  3. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?: Hi, this is CHrles from Web Host Pro again.We have an icon preview set on our Windows 10 computers but some of the preview icons like NotePad look messy. However, being able to preview images is very helpful.Can we disable icon preview on certain file types, but keep icon...
  4. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  6. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  7. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  8. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  9. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  10. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...