Windows 10: Icon problem in Windows 10

Discus and support Icon problem in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All my icons on my desktop have a big blue e on them. I want the icon that has to do with the item placed there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SusanGarcelon, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Icon problem in Windows 10

All my icons on my desktop have a big blue e on them. I want the icon that has to do with the item placed there.

:)

SusanGarcelon, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Icon problem in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Icon problem in Windows 10

1. Icon problem in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Icon problem

2. I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...: I have this problem after I install window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-internet-connection-my-wifi/cc830fec-7427-42a5-89c0-58e3f23df352
  3. I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...: I have this problem after I install window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-internet-connection-my-wifi/cc830fec-7427-42a5-89c0-58e3f23df352
  4. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  5. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  6. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  7. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  8. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10

One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10: One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve apparently fixing broken icons on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-the-hardest-windows-problems-not-many-can/c6716a7b-dad9-47ed-b48a-2a21de25e07b
  10. One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10: One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve apparently fixing broken icons on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-the-hardest-windows-problems-not-many-can/c6716a7b-dad9-47ed-b48a-2a21de25e07b