Windows 10: Icon Problems

Discus and support Icon Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP X360 convertible laptop. I was trying out Nox Emulator and I made a mistake of resetting some settings by a third party app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARh_08, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ARh_08 Win User

Icon Problems

Hello,

I have a HP X360 convertible laptop.

I was trying out Nox Emulator and I made a mistake of resetting some settings by a third party app

(Tweaking.com - windows repair ver 2.11.2).

All app preferences were reset. There were tons of notifications regarding this.

Now many icons in Taskbar and start menu doesn't work. There are empty icons for many. Icon Problems 7721ac05-8cda-4606-a50f-ca5e37211203?upload=true.jpg

Its a PDF file but no icon appears.

Icon Problems 36b70aa9-4597-47bc-b297-364800ec99ef?upload=true.jpg

One in Yellow box (settings) doesn't work.

Ones in Green boxes work but no icons. Its just text of app name. Some doesn't even have text

The green square in task bar is a web page shortcut and I can't unpin it.

:)

ARh_08, Dec 29, 2018

2. Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Nomgle Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Icon Problems :)

Nomgle, Dec 29, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Icon Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Icon Problems

1. Icon Problems - Similar Threads - Icon Problems

2. I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...: I have this problem after I install window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-internet-connection-my-wifi/cc830fec-7427-42a5-89c0-58e3f23df352
  3. I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem with internet connection. My WiFi icon totally disappeared. No matter how...: I have this problem after I install window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-internet-connection-my-wifi/cc830fec-7427-42a5-89c0-58e3f23df352
  4. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  5. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  6. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  7. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  8. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10

One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10: One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve apparently fixing broken icons on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-the-hardest-windows-problems-not-many-can/c6716a7b-dad9-47ed-b48a-2a21de25e07b
  10. One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve fixing broken icons on windows 10: One of the hardest Windows problems not many can solve apparently fixing broken icons on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-the-hardest-windows-problems-not-many-can/c6716a7b-dad9-47ed-b48a-2a21de25e07b