Windows 10: icon refreshing in file explorer

Discus and support icon refreshing in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my Windows 10 file explorer opens a folder containing a .JPG file, it triggers a non-stop frenzy of repeatedly refreshing every icon in sight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnHext, Mar 10, 2020.

1. JohnHext Win User

icon refreshing in file explorer

When my Windows 10 file explorer opens a folder containing a .JPG file, it triggers a non-stop frenzy of repeatedly refreshing every icon in sight including the desktop and probably others as well. I have tried many suggestions for fixing things relating to Explorer but none of them work for this very unusual? case. Can anyone help? Thanks. John

:)

JohnHext, Mar 10, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Anyway to REFRESH the Network display in File explorer

@OP
    Even if you can right click on the blank area and click on refresh, the list/icon of the removed devices will still be displayed in File Explorer until the Network Cache is refreshed. You can power cycle the router and from your pc, type: ipconfig /flushdns then reboot and eventually will disappear.

topgundcp, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

4. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. icon refreshing in file explorer - Similar Threads - icon refreshing file

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh: Elsewhere on this site, someone asked how to get File Explorer to refresh. F5 was the answer, and the asker appeared to be satisfied.BUT, when I tried F5, nothing happened. Advice?Windows 10 Home20H2Installed 1/24/2021 by fix-it shopOS Build 19042.1526?? Pack? 120.2212.4170.0...
  3. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  4. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  5. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  6. File Explorer Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Refresh Problem: On the Public Version I have my background changing every minute and it is causing File Explorer to refresh when it changes to the next image. So if I'm looking down a long list trying to find a specific file I lose my place every time the Background image changes as File...
  7. Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer

Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer: Hi, When an explorer window of some directory is open, the icons on desktop and the taskbar keep refreshing every other second and explorer.exe has a really high CPU load. I already tried sfc /scannow, removing IconCache.db and disabling automatic color selection on desktop...
  8. Refresh problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh problem in File Explorer: In an earlier thread, I reported that following an update file explorer no longer automatically refreshes after a deletion or change. I tried all the suggestions, but the problem persists. So I swapped a recently made clone of the hard drive and booted that. The same problem...
  9. File Explorer stopped refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped refreshing: Until yesterday, when I deleted a file shown in File Explorer, it immediately vanished. But now, deleted files won’t go away until I right-click on a blank space and click Refresh. Same with renamed files. I did a SFC /scannow, which found some problems and corrected them,...
  10. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refresh icon in explorer