Windows 10: Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

Discus and support Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any fixes? It just started happen a few days ago. Suddenly the folder retains the size of icons inside only until i exit and reenter the folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Santoryu_Zoro, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

Any fixes? It just started happen a few days ago. Suddenly the folder retains the size of icons inside only until i exit and reenter the folder.

Currently on Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. Did some scanf/now and disk repair commands, none found any problems, even in safe mode. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Santoryu_Zoro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Santoryu_Zoro, Mar 27, 2021
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

Change icon size on vista 64

but it works EVERYWHERE, not just icon size.

MSN, IE, firefox, desktop icons, size of icons in folders... EVERYWHERE MUAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: no actually, it doesnt work on real humans breasts or genitals. it only works on windows PC's.

Mussels, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

1. Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder - Similar Threads - Icon size doesnt

2. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  3. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any foldercontrol + scroll or right click+view they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with control+scroll....
  4. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any folder(control + scroll or right click+view) they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with...
  5. Window won't stay the same size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window won't stay the same size: I noticed this with Firefox, but it appears to happen with all windows, so I'm assuming it's a Win 10 thing. I have my browser set so it's not full screen. I adjust the left and bottom edges so they are at the very edge of the screen. However, when I close and open the...
  6. desktop icons dont stay at the same place

desktop icons dont stay at the same place: Hi, I'm tired of always having to rearrange the desktop icons, how to fix this ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-dont-stay-at-the-same-place/4113dd83-083b-43b9-ba34-f80e131968ad
  7. Same folder, big difference in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same folder, big difference in size: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about this. I have a COMPUTER folder and the original is storaged in a Hard External Disk left and I tried to copied to another folder where is located in the Desktop of a Laptop right. It passed aprox. 3 hours and 30 minuted to complete the...
  8. Icons of the same size appearing differently

Icons of the same size appearing differently: All of these icons were created with the same oldtv file, in the same manner but with different logo pngs. They have all of the same properties (size, resolution [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] They originally all appeared as the larger size for months but recently have...
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e
  10. Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access: Hi folks. I'm a longtime Windows user (since 3.1) and decided to get into a forum again. I have an odd problem: The icons in the Quick Access folder keep reverting back to the Tiles setting no matter how many times I change them to a larger size. I can set them either with...