Windows 10: ICON size

Discus and support ICON size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I make a permanent change to the desktop icon size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David DMosey, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ICON size

How do I make a permanent change to the desktop icon size

:)

David DMosey, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Hi Jud,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're looking to increase the desktop icon's font size.
    • If you're looking to increase the size of the desktop icon.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 12, 2019
  4. ICON size

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

ICON size

1. ICON size - Similar Threads - ICON size

2. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  3. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  4. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b
  5. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b
  6. How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11?

How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11?: How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-toolbar-icon-size-on-windows-11/fc8aad5a-e2a5-4202-b7fa-98a4604ab6fb
  7. How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11?: How do I change Toolbar icon size on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-toolbar-icon-size-on-windows-11/fc8aad5a-e2a5-4202-b7fa-98a4604ab6fb
  8. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  9. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  10. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Customization