Windows 10: Icon Size

Discus and support Icon Size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlaemmerhirt999, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Icon Size

What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons every three minutes. This never happened in Windows 8.1 by the way.

:)

dlaemmerhirt999, Dec 19, 2015

2. Windows Icon Issues

i set my icon on small size and shutdown the pc.

when i start my pc again then icon is so big and set point of icon is remain where i am left on small size and then again i restart my pc the icon is comes on actual size of small size.

The set point is still small size.

But icon size is change.

Nikobillec, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Icon size

Hi,

I've been having a problem with my icon size : it won't stay the same size.

Everytime I turn on my laptop, I change the icon size on desktop with the touchpad, and the icon size in my folders to "large", but whenever i reboot my laptop the icon size returns to "medium" on desktop and "small with details" in my folders.

Anyone knows how to fix that ?

Jaafar El Zein, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Icon Size

Holding down the Ctrl key and rolling the mouse wheel can decrease or increase size.

Ztruker, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Huh. I must be pressing the damn Ctrl key by mistake? That's a terrible function, but I expect this from Windows by now. Any way to disable the 500 different usless "helpful" functions that Windows had added to "help us" in 10?

6. CountMike New Member
    That "useless" feature has been in windows like forever !! I use it all the time, it works same in all programs that support it.

CountMike, Dec 19, 2015
  7. . . . then I must be doing something else. This problem occured ONLY when I upgraded to Windows 10. And I call it a "useless" fuction only because it occurs on it's own every few minutes on my computer even though I do not want it to.

8. caperjack Win User

Icon Size

this not normal ,so you must have other issues like correct drivers for win10 ,check device manager and see if it shows any device driver issues ,check video display driver for sure.
    and for a snide remark , Switching to Linux will fix it ,lol

caperjack, Dec 19, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    The following 2 tutorials may not help, but no harm trying................

Rebuild Icon Cache
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

How to Change the Icon Cache Size in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-windows.html

davidhk, Dec 19, 2015
  10. Right Click anywhere on your desktop
    A menu will come up
    Hover over View and what ever size icon will show
    Small
    Medium
    Large
    Click on whatever one you want
    That is it
    The icons will resize to whatever size you want

hTconeM9user, Dec 19, 2015
  11. Right, thank you! I can do that, but the problem is that it automatically changes against my will with a movement of the mouse. Why did Windows give 5,000 different jobs to the mouse when I just want to move and click stuff???

12. CountMike New Member
    They didn't, it's still there just to click with but it's not a live thing, you are the one that commands it what to do. Like we used to say in the navy: "When you are in command, command, don't go around asking what to do".

CountMike, Dec 19, 2015
  13. Icon Size

Huh. That still won't explain why this only occurs in 10. And like I said, I just move the mouse and the icons change size. Is there a way to get to "mouse commands" or something to change what the mouse can do? (Thanks for fighting for us by the way! Merry Christmas!)

14. CountMike New Member
    Just thought of something, go to control Panel > Mouse and check if maybe "ClickLock" is enabled.

CountMike, Dec 19, 2015
  15. Would that stop the mouse from doing extra tasks? I'll try that when I go on later today. Either way, thank you very much! I should have checked "Mouse" all along. Someone had to point out the obvious, and I thank you!

Thema:

Icon Size

1. Icon Size - Similar Threads - Icon Size

2. Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.: Once again, leave it to Microsoft to screw things up. MICROSOFT MISSION STATEMENT: If it works, change it. If people are happy with it, change it. If there are no complaints, change it. If there is an easy way to fix it, change it. After a fresh install of Windows 11 on my...
  3. Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change taskbar icon size Windows 11. Is there a simple way of doing this? May 2024.: Once again, leave it to Microsoft to screw things up. MICROSOFT MISSION STATEMENT: If it works, change it. If people are happy with it, change it. If there are no complaints, change it. If there is an easy way to fix it, change it. After a fresh install of Windows 11 on my...
  4. Readjust app icon size without modifying explorer layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readjust app icon size without modifying explorer layout: Here is my default explorer view: https://imgur.com/a/wPZGkjtI only want to increase the icon size of all apps games to be specific, without changing it from the Details View layout. I can select Large Icon or Medium Icon View Layout but that makes everything in a lined order...
  5. Readjust app icon size without modifying explorer layout

Readjust app icon size without modifying explorer layout: Here is my default explorer view: https://imgur.com/a/wPZGkjtI only want to increase the icon size of all apps games to be specific, without changing it from the Details View layout. I can select Large Icon or Medium Icon View Layout but that makes everything in a lined order...
  6. Readjust app icon size without modifying explorer layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  8. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  9. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b
  10. How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...

How can I increase the size of the taskbar? I cannot read the clock o see the icons as they...: Windows 365 I think Large monitor with a high resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-taskbar-i/e5af3369-735d-4aca-a09e-c40a1c2a956b