Windows 10: Icon Sizes

Discus and support Icon Sizes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone help me? It hurts my eyes to see some icons being smaller than others. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rico L., May 13, 2021.

1. Rico L. Win User

Icon Sizes

Anyone help me? It hurts my eyes to see some icons being smaller than others. How can I fix this?

:)

Rico L., May 13, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 13, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Hi Jud,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're looking to increase the desktop icon's font size.
    • If you're looking to increase the size of the desktop icon.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 13, 2021
  4. Icon Sizes

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Icon Sizes

1. Icon Sizes - Similar Threads - Icon Sizes

2. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  3. Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small

Desktop Icon Image Box is Right Size But Image Inside Icon Box is Way Too Small: I purchased a new computer and installed MS Office 2019. All of my desktop icons are fine except for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The images inside the MS Office icon boxes are too small to see. I increased the size of the icons but regardless the size, the image...
  4. Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...: Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics location is empty. Updated OS, no help....
  5. System Tray icon size?

System Tray icon size?: I'm a graphic designer and need to design icons for the system tray. What size are those icons in Windows 10, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icon-size/d0bc9e31-4465-4da9-bbcc-fc59c2e6ba8f
  6. Increasing icon size in Finale Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing icon size in Finale Music: I am using Finale Music on Windows 10 and I cannot increase the size of the tool icons. Finale's own solution doesn't work, and I'm suspecting it is because of the DPI of my laptop. Has anyone met this problem ?...
  7. How to make windows explorer icon sizes large throughout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows explorer icon sizes large throughout?: Im some one with a visual disability, and I need the icons for file explorer to be larger (and windows 10 in general). But doing it one by one is tedious. Any help? submitted by /u/Throwawayartist9889 [link] [comments]...
  8. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  9. size of icons desktop

size of icons desktop: right click on desktop does not let me select size of icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-icons-desktop/54246a2f-81e0-41a1-8929-2ce03fe353a8
  10. Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder: Any fixes? It just started happen a few days ago. Suddenly the folder retains the size of icons inside only until i exit and reenter the folder. Currently on Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. Did some scanf/now and disk repair commands, none found any problems,...