Windows 10: icon styles

Discus and support icon styles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i select an icon for a shortcut in windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carl12054, Jan 17, 2021.

1. carl12054 Win User

icon styles

how do i select an icon for a shortcut in windows 10?

:)

carl12054, Jan 17, 2021

2. FONT STYLE

I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ( LETTERING ) ON THE DESKTOP ICONS ... AND ENLARGE THEIR SIZE..I HAVE FOND A LIST OF STYLES TO USE BUT CANT GET THEM TO INSTALL OR WORK...DOES ANY ONE
    KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ?

WilliamMarianetti, Jan 17, 2021
  3. acer Win User
    How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?

• How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?

4. Thanatica Win User

icon styles

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

icon styles

1. icon styles - Similar Threads - icon styles

2. Get back win 10 style search icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get back win 10 style search icon: As the picture showed, I noticed that the search icon has been change to win 11 style. It is quite discordant in my win 10 system. How can I chage it back to win 10 style?...
  3. Get back win 10 style search icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get back win 10 style search icon: As the picture showed, I noticed that the search icon has been change to win 11 style. It is quite discordant in my win 10 system. How can I chage it back to win 10 style?...
  4. Get back win 10 style search icon

in Cortana
  5. How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you enable clicking on alt+tab icons when switched to the 'Classic' style?: Hate the Windows 10 default alt+tab look/menu so I switched it back to the old style and was wondering how do you enable being able to click the icons to bring them back up like on Windows 7 submitted by /u/MrChangg [link] [comments]...
  6. Desktop icon font style changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon font style changed: the desktop icon font has changed for all different users after a recent update, to a shadow font. How can I change back to a regular font. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-style-changed/b2244411-a5e5-4125-89bb-978678da33dd
  7. Turned on my PC today and all my icons were arranged in this style. Does anyone know how to...

Turned on my PC today and all my icons were arranged in this style. Does anyone know how to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GetInTheSwqmp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8zuwr/turned_on_my_pc_today_and_all_my_icons_were/
  8. My desktop shows only tablet mode, how do I get to my old style desktop w icons

My desktop shows only tablet mode, how do I get to my old style desktop w icons: see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-shows-only-tablet-mode-how-do-i-get-to/32af0fdd-2a55-455e-b840-af4f5a5bf9de
  9. My SD Card icon in Windows Explorer shows this Vista style icon despite using the ini icon...

My SD Card icon in Windows Explorer shows this Vista style icon despite using the ini icon...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BrandonTeoh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dubk1e/my_sd_card_icon_in_windows_explorer_shows_this/
  10. how to change desktop icon font color and style

how to change desktop icon font color and style: With this latest Windows update, the icons on my desktop are in white with shadows. How can I get them to return to regular black letters. Thank you....