Windows 10: Icon Superimposing on Another Icon

Discus and support Icon Superimposing on Another Icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Word 2019 on a computer running on Windows 10. Before I select a specific folder for my documents, I often save them to the Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phydeau2, Jun 15, 2020.

1. phydeau2 Win User

Icon Superimposing on Another Icon

I am using Word 2019 on a computer running on Windows 10. Before I select a specific folder for my documents, I often save them to the Desktop temporarily. For some time now, I have noticed an intermittent problem - which occurs with annoying frequency but not every time I save a document to the desktop.

In the top left of my screen, as I face it, there is a short-cut icon for a back-up program I use. Quite often but not invariably when I save a document to the Desktop, the new document icon superimposes itself right on top of this short-cut icon. This is really annoying - but at least I know where to look for "missing" icons, now. At first, I would look for an icon for a document I knew I saved to the Desktop and just couldn't find it. Finally, I noticed one "sitting" on top of that upper left corner icon that was already there!

I happened again today. I tried to reproduce the behaviour, but couldn't. I don't know if it just happens the first time in a session that I save a document, or what.

I am getting sick of this. I don't know what to do to stop it. My choices for the settings for Desktop icons are that they are medium-sized and NOT auto-arranged and NOT aligned to the grid. I like to arrange them myself. These are not recent changes. I always choose these settings. This problem only started to occur, I would estimate, about a month ago - two months at the most.

:)

phydeau2, Jun 15, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 15, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

1. Icon Superimposing on Another Icon - Similar Threads - Icon Superimposing Another

2. Remove superimposed Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove superimposed Icons: Hi Micosoft Comunity, how could I remove those icons the micro icon and the other one that are superimposed together with the task bar? I can't interact with them, it suddenly has appeared there....
  3. Have icons on another desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have icons on another desktop: I was wondering with the task view feature is it possible to have icons on one desktop while keeping another blank? i want to have my primary blank with a secondary with all my icons. submitted by /u/iDSR [link] [comments]...
  4. How to Change PDF file icon to another icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change PDF file icon to another icon: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop running Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I downloaded the Lenovo User Guide for the S340. The icon for the user guide is PDF. I want to change this icon from PDF to Lenovo. I found the Lenovo icon in ico form and downloaded it to my...
  5. Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton: Windows 10 Pro, v1909, desktop. I uninstalled firefox & when I rebooted all my apps that were pinned to the taskbar were gone except 2. I opened C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar and they were all there so I rebooted...
  6. icons move from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Support
    icons move from one computer to another: Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back. I think it's due to onedrive. I thought it had to do with syncing so I turned it off but still the same thing. I googled the...
  7. Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10): I got a problem that the icons of all .exe files in my computer (including explorer.exe) turns into another software's icon, as shown in the photo below: [ATTACH] That icon belongs to a software named Zalo, which is a popular mobile messenging app in Vietnam, and this is a...
  8. Re-directing the registry to another icon folder

Re-directing the registry to another icon folder: Is there a way to change the registry value of the default folder my computer goes to when trying to replace icons? The default location (Win 10) is C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll. I would like to change that value to a specific folder of my own. Ideas? 48886
  9. Another Desktop Icon Question

Another Desktop Icon Question: O.k......so I have my desktop icons set up and working, one small problem that I need help with.......some of the icons have their ''own'' emblem.....and some don't.......for instance, Glary Utilities has the Glary emblem, Malwarebytes has the Malwarebytes emblem, and so...
  10. Moving shortcut to another folder drops icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving shortcut to another folder drops icon: This is my first week with Windows 10 and I'm just starting to install my software. Usually I move the desktop shortcut created from software installation to a custom folder where I keep all my shortcuts organized by category. In Windows 10, if I move the shortcut from the...