Windows 10: Icon & System Text size too small

Discus and support Icon & System Text size too small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 on a machine at work. I no longer can change the text size of the icons and system fonts. When I use the Display option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Salamander_Blues, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Icon & System Text size too small

I am using Windows 10 on a machine at work. I no longer can change the text size of the icons and system fonts. When I use the Display option to increase by 125%, the fonts are basically unreadable and too large in ArcGIS and several other specialized programs we use. It also makes the icons and button larger, taking away real-estates on my screen. I cannot install any third party solutions and our IT department has not be interested in helping me. Are there are settings within windows that will fix this problem? My over 40 eyes just can't read the fonts at 100% and the 125% makes my programs unusable. Any help for folks without admin abilities? I JUST want to increase the font sizes, not the button/icons or anything else.

:)

Salamander_Blues, Apr 4, 2019
  2. erniewain Win User

icon text size

hi there this was not realy helpful, i only want to change the text size of icons and change the text so it looks better on my screen, but thanks for trying ok

erniewain, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Icon & System Text size too small

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Icon & System Text size too small

1. Icon & System Text size too small - Similar Threads - Icon System Text

2. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  3. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  4. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. too small text size after windows update of this week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too small text size after windows update of this week: AGAIN, as after EVERY update a setting or other issue appears on my desktop, Windows 10, 21H1, Edge, 98.0.01108.56. Now it is Edge print is too tiny to read. How to reset to default?...
  6. too small text size after windows update of this week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too small text size after windows update of this week: AGAIN, as after EVERY update a setting or other issue appears on my desktop, Windows 10, 21H1, Edge, 98.0.01108.56. Now it is Edge print is too tiny to read. How to reset to default?...
  7. Text too small or too HUGE

Text too small or too HUGE: I have tried to adjust my text size in the display settings but it is never right. It's always mixed up. Some text will be teeny tiny while other text will be extremely large. Was this caused from a Windows update or what? This is driving me crazy....
  8. Some windows sizes and text are too small

Some windows sizes and text are too small: Ever since I received my new Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 Pro, I've had occasional annoying issues with some windows sizes and text being extremely small. I spent weeks trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I've also read a few issues like this from other users who...
  9. Menu Bar Text Size Too Small (IE 11 )

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar Text Size Too Small (IE 11 ): User updated to Windows 10. She wants her menu bar text size to be larger. We tried the Tool-Internet Options-Text Size, Control +, and we tried changing the display options. All these do are change the screen items. All we want is for the Menu Bar Text Size to increase. Any...
  10. Windows 10 Text Size Too Small On Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Text Size Too Small On Tablet: Hello, I'm really disappointed with Windows 10, I'm having problem after problem after problem. I have a 10 inch linx tablet which shipped with Windows 10. The font / text size just seems totally wrong especially when browsing in edge. Whether I'm in tablet mode or...